By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the Best Game You Played in 2022 ?

Tough choice between Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and FFVIIR. Hm, going to go with Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Around the Network

Xenoblade 3 took the spot!

But Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity in Splitcreen in Hard mode after playing BotW was an amazing and unique experience too!

Kakadu18 said:
JackHandy said:

Super Metroid.

You've never played Super Metroid before?

As mZuzek pointed out, the title of the thread didn't mention that, so I thought it was just any game we've played. Although, I had only played it one time before, all the way back when I bought the cart in 2014, so most of it was still relatively new to me. And what a masterpiece it is! The hype for that game is definitely justified. Pretty much as close to a perfect 2D game as you can get. 

But if it's the best game I've never played before, it would have to the Crash Bandicoot Warped (actual PS1 disc played on an actual PS1). It was relatively easy compared to the first two games, but (imo) superior to the sequel. Naughty Dog really knew how to make a first-class platformer back in the day.

JackHandy said:
Kakadu18 said:

As mZuzek pointed out, the title of the thread didn't mention that, so I thought it was just any game we've played. Although, I had only played it one time before, all the way back when I bought the cart in 2014, so most of it was still relatively new to me. And what a masterpiece it is! The hype for that game is definitely justified. Pretty much as close to a perfect 2D game as you can get. 

But if it's the best game I've never played before, it would have to the Crash Bandicoot Warped (actual PS1 disc played on an actual PS1). It was relatively easy compared to the first two games, but (imo) superior to the sequel. Naughty Dog really knew how to make a first-class platformer back in the day.

I think the movement in Super Metroid is to slow and sometimes unintuitive like the walljump. I enjoyed Metroid Dread leagues more because of this.

Well not including Ragnarök because I haven't finished it yet, it would have to be Deltarune (or The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe if that counts even though I've played the original before).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

It's either God of War or Plague Tale. A few days ago I would have said God of War for sure, but I'm still playing it and it is starting to feel repetitive. So, it's in danger falling down my rankings.

The game I played the most last year, that I believe is also the best game that I played last year is Halo Infinite. But, I started playing that in 2021, so it doesn't apply here

Kakadu18 said:
JackHandy said:

I think the movement in Super Metroid is to slow and sometimes unintuitive like the walljump. I enjoyed Metroid Dread leagues more because of this.

To each their own, I suppose. I think Super Metroid's controls are perfection!

Did you play it on Switch, or some other emulator? I'm playing it on a real cart, via CRT. So if you used an emulator, maybe that's why our experiences are so different (no input lag on CRT/cart etc). I can't play even play Mario 3 on Switch. The input lag is too severe. 

My memory's a bit hazy on this one, but looks like I barely got to play Ghost of Tsushima in 2021, so there might not be much competition. Maybe I'm still forgetting something, but I think I'll have to give this one to Crusader Kings III.

JackHandy said:
Kakadu18 said:

To each their own, I suppose. I think Super Metroid's controls are perfection!

Did you play it on Switch, or some other emulator? I'm playing it on a real cart, via CRT. So if you used an emulator, maybe that's why our experiences are so different (no input lag on CRT/cart etc). I can't play even play Mario 3 on Switch. The input lag is too severe. 

I played it on Switch with a SNES controller. Didn't notice any input lag. The game is just slow and feels imprecise. I played through Super Mario Bros. 3 the same way and it was fantastic. Metroid Samus Returns felt better to me despite me getting hand cramps from the 3DS

mZuzek said:
Kakadu18 said:

To be fair, the thread title doesn't specify that.

Alien Isolation for me.

Yes although he states first time in the top post, he should have made it clear in the title that's where most people take their cues from.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot