By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - TV shows that should comeback (What do you truly miss)

Carnivàle - I was really into that show and it got cut after 2 seasons of a planned 6 season run. It seems right at home with the type of TV that is being produced today.

I was going to say Firefly but we got our movie and too many of the characters died in the show or in real life for me to want to see it continue on, if they decided to reboot I cannot imagine another cast having the same chemistry that made that show special.

Around the Network

The Orville Season 4 please.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Would love to see more Tales From The Crypt.

KLXVER said:

Would love to see more Tales From The Crypt.

I'd settle for them just putting the series on HBO Max.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Boston Legal, William Shatner, James Spader and Candice Bergen were hilarious. The show was always on the nose, not afraid to tackle anything and often braking the 4th wall. One of the best shows ever.

Better late than never, another show with William Shatner, my favorite road trip travel show. Runner's up, Gorden Gino and Fred's road trip and Jack Whitehall: Travels with my father. All must watch shows!

And bring back TNG. Ironically William Shatner is better not doing Star Trek, while Patrick Stewart I can only see as the captain of the Enterprise. Just doesn't look right when he does anything else doh.

Santa Clarita Diet is sorely missed as well. I hope What we do in the shadows gets continued, just as funny.

X-Files had a comeback which was all right, just not great. The new Quantum Leap same thing. But that does remind me of Enterprise which was sadly cancelled just as it got good. Scott Bakula was great in that as well.

Around the Network

Code Monkeys for sure. Damn thing was a masterpiece imo.

Smallville - my favourite show of all time, I hope that Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum are successful in bringing their planned animated series to life.

The Frankenstein Chronicles - such an underrated and overlooked show. While it was originally meant to be a mini-series, it ended up with 2 seasons. I feel like a final season of 6 episodes is completely doable to wrap up everything completely.

Legends - needs a third season as the second ended on a cliffhanger. Season 1 was only watchable to me because of Sean Bean, but season 2 felt like a completely different show and it did not get the chance it deserved.

I would have also said Batman: The Animated Series (or a continuation of that animated universe), but there is just no way to do that without Kevin Conroy in my opinion.

1doesnotsimply

Stargate (any of the TV shows) can't really come back as was - its been too long - but it could certainly do with a reboot with a new show.

Same for Babylon 5 (though it's a bit overrated by my fellow sci-fi fans), Firefly (ditto), Sliders (although they'd butcher this with cringe, like they did with the new Quantum Leap), and heck even things like Space: Above and Beyond.

As for more modern shows that could come back in the same form: Dark Matter (was pretty fun - got cancelled just as it looked like it was going to hit its stride), Black Mirror (seems to have been mothballed for now), and Red Dwarf.

Oh, and the big one: pre-Kurtzman Star Trek. Just reset the timeline, apologise to fans, and pretend everything after Enterprise never happened.

Leynos said:

The Orville Season 4 please.

Yes please! The show is great. Hopefully the additional viewers from the Disney+ addition was enough to push it over the top, Seth seemed hopeful that it would be enough. 

Machina said:

Stargate (any of the TV shows) can't really come back as was - its been too long - but it could certainly do with a reboot with a new show.

Same for Babylon 5 (though it's a bit overrated by my fellow sci-fi fans), Firefly (ditto), Sliders (although they'd butcher this with cringe, like they did with the new Quantum Leap), and heck even things like Space: Above and Beyond.

As for more modern shows that could come back in the same form: Dark Matter (was pretty fun - got cancelled just as it looked like it was going to hit its stride), Black Mirror (seems to have been mothballed for now), and Red Dwarf.

Oh, and the big one: pre-Kurtzman Star Trek. Just reset the timeline, apologise to fans, and pretend everything after Enterprise never happened.

Yes please again! Seriously, I don't know how they have managed to go so wrong with the recent series. I saw this on Twitter earlier today and it perfectly encapsulates the problem with modern Trek:

Red Letter Media hit the nail on the head with that review it seems. Classic Trek, at it's core, has a sense of adventure and hope, while modern Trek just seems edgy and dark by comparison, "here have some alcohol and suicide and violence". What a shame.