By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - TV shows that should comeback (What do you truly miss)

Kurtzman ruined Star Trek more than even the worst of Enterprise/Voyager or even Nemesis could have ever done. I have wanted a new series that ignores everything past enterprise for a while. Orville has been my replacement so I need it to continue.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Well since some else brought back Mike Judge. I think that Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus should have lasted longer than two seasons and 16 episodes.

My Name Is Earl, awful how they cancelled it on a cliffhanger

Ash vs Evil Dead.

This was one of the funniest shows that I've ever seen, it was just pure 30 minutes of crazy with a brilliant cast. I think it would have done significantly better if it was owned by a streaming service and produced during our current streaming service craze, if it was cancelled a little later then I think someone like Netflix may have picked it up, it can't be that expensive of a show.

But it was unfortunately created and owned by Starz and while Starz used to create some bangers, they also had a habit of cancelling absolutely everything eventually, at least with Black Sails and Spartacus (two of my other favourite shows) they managed to put out brilliant endings despite the cancellations, but Ash vs Evil Dead ended on a very annoying and hype cliff-hanger.

The Expanse.

One of my favourite Sci-Fi shows of all time and while it ended on a great note (it actually only ended this year, Lol), there are still 3 books left that haven't been adapted, the show ends before a point in the books where a very large time skip happens so it almost feels like a natural ending but there are still unanswered questions and I'd like to see the final books adapted.

Kingdom?

I'm not sure what the hell is happening with this show, Netflix hasn't renewed or cancelled it yet, but the last season aired in 2020 and instead they did a movie prequel in 2021, I really hope the show comes back eventually, it is easily the best "zombie" themed show that I've watched.

The Terror?

Yet another show that is in limbo, AMC hasn't announced a cancellation or renewal, I love anthologies though, especially Sci-Fi or Horror ones, the 1st season was amazing and whilst the 2nd season was a step down, it was still very strong.

The Exorcist

Great show, a very successful adaptation of The Exorcist IP Imho, nice horror with a strong cast and some amazing twists along the way. Of course, Fox cancelled it, because back then Fox cancelled absolutely everything (like SyFy and Starz).

Machina said:

As for more modern shows that could come back in the same form: Dark Matter (was pretty fun - got cancelled just as it looked like it was going to hit its stride), Black Mirror (seems to have been mothballed for now), and Red Dwarf.

Oh, and the big one: pre-Kurtzman Star Trek. Just reset the timeline, apologise to fans, and pretend everything after Enterprise never happened.

SyFy and cancelling Sci-Fi shows, name a better duo.

Black Mirror isn't cancelled: Black Mirror Returns: New Series in the Works at Netflix - Variety

Watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, it's great.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

My Name Is Earl, awful how they cancelled it on a cliffhanger

So true. My Name is Earl was amazing and it should have had a proper ending

As for me, it's a Netflix show so I'm not sure it counts... But man, Netflix should give Dark Crystal another season. What a show, I still can't believe they cancelled it! 

Machina said:

Stargate (any of the TV shows) can't really come back as was - its been too long - but it could certainly do with a reboot with a new show.

Same for Babylon 5 (though it's a bit overrated by my fellow sci-fi fans), Firefly (ditto), Sliders (although they'd butcher this with cringe, like they did with the new Quantum Leap), and heck even things like Space: Above and Beyond.

As for more modern shows that could come back in the same form: Dark Matter (was pretty fun - got cancelled just as it looked like it was going to hit its stride), Black Mirror (seems to have been mothballed for now), and Red Dwarf.

Oh, and the big one: pre-Kurtzman Star Trek. Just reset the timeline, apologise to fans, and pretend everything after Enterprise never happened.

Oh yes Red Dwarf! Blackadder was on at that time as well, also fun. It seems comedy is reserved for sitcoms nowadays. I guess there is that Vikings spin off, Norsemen which was fun the first 2 seasons.

I would love more Fawlty Towers yet John Cleese is right, leave it as it is, it was perfect.

Dark Matter was indeed just getting good. Same for Star Gate Universe.

More Black Mirror would be great, however it seems reality has surpassed it with all the crap going on nowadays...

I'm watching S3 of The Orville on Disney+, I hope that gets another season.
After I'm planning to check out how they butchered Willow before switching back to Netflix.

Ryuu96 said:

Kingdom?

I'm not sure what the hell is happening with this show, Netflix hasn't renewed or cancelled it yet, but the last season aired in 2020 and instead they did a movie prequel in 2021, I really hope the show comes back eventually, it is easily the best "zombie" themed show that I've watched.

Korean dramas have a very awkward stance with sequels. Squid Game which broke the international barrier with it's popularity, won't be getting a sequel until like 2024. Vagabond ended on a fairly massive cliffhanger and setup for a sequel, but instead has left it's status unconfirmed for several years despite vocal fans. Stranger doesn't really need another season, as both the previous have self-contained stories/plots, but the writing and characters are so brilliant that I'm really desparate for more.

Shaunodon said:

Stranger doesn't really need another season, as both the previous have self-contained stories/plots, but the writing and characters are so brilliant that I'm really desparate for more.

Yes, this show is brilliant. I'd love another series.

Ryuu96 said:
Machina said:

SyFy and cancelling Sci-Fi shows, name a better duo.

Black Mirror isn't cancelled: Black Mirror Returns: New Series in the Works at Netflix - Variety

Watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, it's great.

I hadn't seen that news about Black Mirror! Last I heard was Booker had sort of stepped away and so it was in limbo. Hopefully the new season turns out good.

I don't agree about SNW - it's 4/10 at best. The Kurtzman lot are pretending to 'get' Star Trek (which they think = more bright colours & lens flare, the Federation giving sermons, and the show being episodic), while continuing to do their thing; gradually the latter will increasingly drown out their reluctant attempts to do the former anyway. There's still almost zero crew discipline, it's full of childish & contrived 'action' scenes and stupid decision-making, and episodes 7-9 are all self-indulgent messes. The season finale was the best episode - solid 7/10 stuff there. Hopefully season 2 is more like that and less like episodes 6-9.

At least we're spared Discovery's endless crying, whispering, and crew mental breakdowns, so there's certainly been some progress.