By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - TV shows that should comeback (What do you truly miss)

Machina said:
Ryuu96 said:

SyFy and cancelling Sci-Fi shows, name a better duo.

Black Mirror isn't cancelled: Black Mirror Returns: New Series in the Works at Netflix - Variety

Watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, it's great.

I hadn't seen that news about Black Mirror! Last I heard was Booker had sort of stepped away and so it was in limbo. Hopefully the new season turns out good.

I don't agree about SNW - it's 4/10 at best. The Kurtzman lot are pretending to 'get' Star Trek (which they think = more bright colours & lens flare, the Federation giving sermons, and the show being episodic), while continuing to do their thing; gradually the latter will increasingly drown out their reluctant attempts to do the former anyway. There's still almost zero crew discipline, it's full of childish & contrived 'action' scenes and stupid decision-making, and episodes 7-9 are all self-indulgent messes. The season finale was the best episode - solid 7/10 stuff there. Hopefully season 2 is more like that and less like episodes 6-9.

At least we're spared Discovery's endless crying, whispering, and crew mental breakdowns, so there's certainly been some progress.

There were some rights issues which have been settled now as per that Variety article, sounds like Brooker is involved in Season 6. Although Season 5 was a big disappointment Imo and I hope Season 6 is a lot better. Maybe Brooker was doing too much too quickly, he is writing practically every episode of a long running anthology, so I hope the break has done him good.

We'd have to agree to disagree then on SNW as I enjoyed it quite a bit

Though Tbh, Star Trek is like Star Wars a bit for me, I'm not "into" the IP as much as some other fans, for Star Trek, I've not even particularly felt the desire to watch any of the Star Trek shows aside from SNW (and I watched it because I signed up to Paramount+ for another show, ended up enjoying it), I've not watched any of the films aside from the reboot trilogy or any of the shows aside from SNW, little desire to do so.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 December 2022

Around the Network

I gave up on the new star trek shows after the disappointment of Picard. It was nothing but guilt, regrets and a bunch of nonsense. The nostalgia of bringing back the old characters lasted for about 2 episodes, then all that was left was nonsense.

I was never a big Star Wars fan yet found SW Andor quite enjoyable. I didn't seek it out, just found it on Disney+. I would have rather tried SNW but after the disaster of Discovery and the huge letdown of Picard, no way am I going to sign up to Paramount+ to try it. Disney+ has Orville, much closer to what Star Trek is about.

As for shows that need to come back, Battlestar Galactica of course! The reboot was amazing, bring on another one.

SvennoJ said:

I gave up on the new star trek shows after the disappointment of Picard. It was nothing but guilt, regrets and a bunch of nonsense. The nostalgia of bringing back the old characters lasted for about 2 episodes, then all that was left was nonsense.

I was never a big Star Wars fan yet found SW Andor quite enjoyable. I didn't seek it out, just found it on Disney+. I would have rather tried SNW but after the disaster of Discovery and the huge letdown of Picard, no way am I going to sign up to Paramount+ to try it. Disney+ has Orville, much closer to what Star Trek is about.

As for shows that need to come back, Battlestar Galactica of course! The reboot was amazing, bring on another one.

Could be happening.

Battlestar Galactica: New Movie and TV Show Will Exist in Shared Universe

‘Battlestar Galactica’: Michael Lesslie To Oversee Peacock Reboot – Deadline

Last Update Though: Mike Lesslie To Adapt Margaret Atwood’s Maddaddam For Hulu, Exits ‘Battlestar Galactica’ – Deadline

Strange New Worlds is definitely closer to classic Trek than Picard or Discovery, but nowhere near close enough. Still has alot of the edginess that wasn't in classic Trek, plus they disregard pre-existing lore alot (basically turned the Gorn into Xenomorphs and completely changed the design language of their ships for instance). Not a fan of some of the portrayals of returning characters either, especially Uhuru.

The Orville remains the closest thing we have to TNG-ENT era Trek. Hopefully Disney renews it for season 4 soon.

SvennoJ said:

Andor was amazing. I had given up on Star Wars media after Ben Kenobi and the awful Book of Bobba Fett so I ignored Andor for about two months until a friend assured me it was actually worth my time. I loved the slow build up, the political intrigue, tons of great side characters, seeing the start of what would become the Rebels in later movies, the lack of cheap fan service. Tremendous show all around.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

For me bringing back old show that been off the air for ever almost never work so while there plenty of shows that if I could go back in time and prevent them from being canceled I would love to like firefly but it way past the time that it could come back and be the same.

Therefore I stick with shows that have only recently been canceled that I wish they would of been allowed to finish

1) WestWorld - It seem not many people agree with me on this but I enjoyed season 4 and I wish they would be allowed to do season 5 which was always intended to be the final.

2) Raised by Wolves - I really enjoyed season 2 and really wish it was allowed to continue. My guess it was super expensive show to produce which led to it being canceled but I enjoyed it.

At first I'd say Gargoyles, but with Ed Asner (who played Hudson) gone it wouldn't be right. -_-