By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 23 45.10%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 28 54.90%

Total:51
Dulfite said:

I don't get the rumors on Xbox next gen in 2026.

Weren't the spec leaks for the Playstation device a clear indication that it was a PS5 Pro model, rather than a PS6?

If so, launching a PS5 pro model in late 2024, months prior to Xbox 5 coming out would be weird?

Its only weird if the xbox 5, is barely more powerfull than the PS5pro.

If it comes out, and games are optimised for the PS5pro, and barely look differnt on the Xbox 5..... thats gonna be a odd one.

Like right now, the Xbox series X has like 16-17% more theoretical Tflops of graphics compute power, than the PS5, but it doesn't really show in games.

If that repeats, and this time, its xbox calling it the next gen box.... yeah, I dont even know.

Supposedly PS5pro is 36,1 Tflops (compaired to the 10,28 of the PS5).

I'd expect anything calling itself nextgen to be like a 5 times increase over the last gen.

For xbox to get away with calling itself next gen, it should be aiming for like 60 tflops.

Something like a amd 7800 xt..... which goes for around 500$ US.... add in the rest of the console, and your looking at a 600-650$ console.

Its possible to make a "next gen" console in terms of performance currently, it'll just be abit more pricey.

However, thats useing current tech,..... AMD are soon releaseing a new lineup of cards based on RDNA4.

Maybe thats enough to make it cheaper, and reasonable to launch a new console gen early, useing bleeding edge tech.
While Playstation waits a year or so.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

I don't get the rumors on Xbox next gen in 2026.

Weren't the spec leaks for the Playstation device a clear indication that it was a PS5 Pro model, rather than a PS6?

If so, launching a PS5 pro model in late 2024, months prior to Xbox 5 coming out would be weird?

Well if pro releases this year, it is still 2 years till next xbox, and when PS6 comes we can have a Xbox pro, and when PS6 pro comes we have a new xbox....So the cycle can go on;..=p

G2ThaUNiT said:

Lord Gaben coming for Overwatch's jugular

I hope so, Overwatch 2 has been a disaster.

Hail Gaben!

Just a PSA if you never saw it but

“Dave the Diver— Godzilla Content Pack is a time-limited free DLC, only available from May 23 until November 23.“

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

GTA6 delayed until late 2025 is great for me - gives me more time to play GTA5 which I havent played it yet lol.

Around the Network

Interview with the boss of ninja theory on hellblade 2 from the fps podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeK6h47Y5Lg

VersusEvil said:

“Dave the Diver— Godzilla Content Pack is a time-limited free DLC, only available from May 23 until November 23.“

Remind us again in late November.

coolbeans said:
VersusEvil said:

Remind us again in late November.

No, my PSAs are one and done. It’s why I’m a weather man.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

👀

Well he has probably played through Hellblade 2 and means that and I guess he's also referring to the sound and not only graphics.

That's my guess at least and not that he means some next Gears or so.