By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 18 40.00%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 27 60.00%

Total:45

Jeff Strain sounding kind of garbo lately, I'm glad he isn't with Undead Labs anymore.

Possibility Space, the Studio Founded by State of Decay Creator Jeff Strain, Is Seemingly Finished - IGN

Possibility Space, the game development studio founded by State of Decay creator Jeff Strain, has seemingly shut down, following in the footsteps of another of Strain's studios, Crop Circle Games.

Possibility Space was founded in 2021 by Jeff Strain to work on an unannounced AAA game under the Prytania Media label. Prytania Media itself was founded by Strain and his wife, Annie Delisi Strain, in 2021 and in the years since has built up its label with studios including Crop Circle Games, Dawon Entertainment, and Fang & Claw.

While at both the DICE Summit in February and the Game Developers Conference in March, a number of current and former developers with connections to Prytania Media's studios approached me to express fear and later anger with how the situation at Crop Circle had been handled. The initial layoffs were allegedly sudden and messy, with some employees being furloughed and kept on the hook for weeks only to be laid off later on anyway.

-

He opened 4 studios since leaving Undead Labs and 2 have now closed.

Then he goes and says shit like this.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2024

Around the Network

And Undead Labs was apparently toxic before Microsoft HR intervened and it seems the new studio head made a lot of progress in improving that.

But interestingly Jeff Strain says Project Vonnegut was the codename of their project, there was a leak that Microsoft was working on something codenamed "Project Vonnegut" and Strain says it had a publishing partner, they could be the same project, I assume the Kotaku article will confirm that but given Strain's recent attitude and behaviour, Microsoft may have made the right decision in canning it if it is the same project.

Like...Wtf...He is basically blaming the employees of the studio for the project being cancelled, he rants about a few people leaking stuff to Kotaku and then says the publisher and himself mutually agreed to cancel the project because the publisher had low confidence in them to continue investing, it feels more like he's covering his ass and more like the project was perhaps cancelled as a result of poor leadership, why the hell would a publisher cancel a project cause it was leaked?

Goes to show sometimes veterans leaving a studio is a good thing 🙃

Feel bad for the employees but not going to blame Microsoft for cutting ties with them and cancelling the project IF Project Vonnegut by Microsoft was the same as Project Vonnegut by Jeff Strain's studio.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 April 2024

By the time he opens and subsequently closes his 5th studio maybe Undead Lab would have released something :)

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

The Fallout TV show is fucking sublime. This is fantastic.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Sonic 06 was hot garbage but playing Unleashed is quite a trip.

The gameplay is janky like the PS2 western platformers (and the Sonic games prior to 06) but I have to say kudos for the team to make unique characters.

Like majority of the NPCs I see have unique names and designs, its not just copy and paste.

Ryuu96 said:

Fallout TV Show

LOL. Going into the video expecting him talking about the show and how it compares to the games he was involved with - and get into a rant about the cleaning robot in the hotel. I love it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

DroidKnight said:

I recently see mentions of Broken Roads, and it actually loks interesting. Would be right up my alley I think. The thing is, such a strategy game does need a big time and concentration investment, so I am not sure if I am up to it at the moment. Anyone tried it?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Shorten my wish list a bit and got

Dragon Lapis
Pong Quest
Grace of Letoile
Mad Max

Finished Fallout Season 1.

It was awesome, I loved it, it ranks up there as one of my favourite videogame adaptations alongside The Last of Us and Arcane. The tone, the aesthetics, the set design, the music, it all captured Fallout perfectly and showed genuine care by the creatives in charge, it had a good amount of humour, it was a lot more violent than I expected (in a good way) and the finale was amazing, it had great twists and turns, a few which I were unfortunately spoilt on beforehand but some I weren't, if I went in with no spoiler knowledge it would have been even better!

Ella Purnell was perfect as Lucy, she set the whole tone so well and perfectly captured a naïve vault dweller, slowly transitioning into a surface badass, golden rule motherfucker! Brilliant actress, I'd be shocked if she hasn't played any of the games because she did so well in the role. Walton Goggins as The Ghoul too...The Ghoul was fucking amazing, a bit of a dick (Lol) but can't help loving his character, he steals the scenes he is in and turns everything up to 11. The cast overall was very strong, I was interested in what was happening with the minor cast members.

Matt Berry as Mister Handy, Lmao.

Can't wait for Season 2.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 April 2024