By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I love researching different console variations. So decided to share one my favorites. https://consolevariations.com/collectibles/microsoft-xbox-halo-2-console

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

I love researching different console variations. So decided to share one my favorites. https://consolevariations.com/collectibles/microsoft-xbox-halo-2-console

That's cool. 

trunkswd said:

I still consider myself in the Xbox ecosystem even though I play just everything on PC nowadays. I play Xbox games via Game Pass on PC. And yes, I still have my Xbox Series S, which I use for indie games or when I don't want to game on my PC. I've realized though I should just get a long enough HDMI cable so I could plug my TV into the PC. 

I got all my systems plugged into my TV too - I use a HDMI Switch - so got my gaming PC, Switch, PS5, and Xbox Series X all on one box.

This is the one I use - saves me from a lot of headache.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09STMC798/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can get other ones for different prices - depending on the quality and number of ports.

BasilZero said:
trunkswd said:

I still consider myself in the Xbox ecosystem even though I play just everything on PC nowadays. I play Xbox games via Game Pass on PC. And yes, I still have my Xbox Series S, which I use for indie games or when I don't want to game on my PC. I've realized though I should just get a long enough HDMI cable so I could plug my TV into the PC. 

I got all my systems plugged into my TV too - I use a HDMI Switch - so got my gaming PC, Switch, PS5, and Xbox Series X all on one box.

This is the one I use - saves me from a lot of headache.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09STMC798/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can get other ones for different prices - depending on the quality and number of ports.

Thank you! That would be helpful for me. I can have my Series S, Switch, and PC plugged into it.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

ice said:

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan?

I've always gamed on all platforms.  Xbox was where most of my friends and family were so I always eventually purchased one.  Playstation was my go to for JRPG's, and Nintendo was for my Zeldas and Marios.  I always bought both the handhelds and home consoles for Nintendo.  I have both portables for Playstation and consoles PS1-PS4, I haven't purchased a PS5, and may not get a Playstation this generation.  Nintendo is doing a better job in the JRPG department and I will likely just heavily invest into the Switch 2 (as long as it still has physical carts).  

I have thought about getting back into PC gaming, but I'm not sure I'm willing to put in the effort. I burned out on it in the past and it doesn't have the appeal to me anymore.  

As far as an exit plan?  Man I was just getting my collection nice and beefy and was looking forward to the next 4 years of accumulating a larger backlog.  With the physical media being pulled from many storefronts, that was already a major bummer for me.  And with the rumors of Xbox hardware facing a possible extinction, it just got me to thinking that Playstation will be following shortly after and of course Nintendo would be the last one to follow, but the writing is on the wall.  Xbox is getting the head start out of the three of them, but the other two will follow suit as well.  

It is a sad turning point for the gaming industry.  Money/greed over everything.  There will be no long term winners, except for maybe the ones who got large severance packages and are set for life in retirement. 

Could everything eventually correct itself at a later date?  Maybe, but I doubt I'll be waiting around for that to happen.  I've got better shit to do.  

What's everyone's Xbox exit plan?  I'm not leaving Xbox, Xbox is leaving me. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

What's everyone's Xbox exit plan?  I'm not leaving Xbox, Xbox is leaving me. 

That's deep bro.

ice said:

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan? @Spade 

I plan on riding the rest of this gen out, already bought a Series X (resell honestly not worth it anyways) and i'll keep it for Xbox BC and whatever console gamepass games that aren't on PC gamepass. Getting a gaming PC next gen and possibly a PS6

Anyways, I'll still be looking forward to xbox IPs and posting in here. Just a weird time to be an xbox fan

Better get my trophy unlocks when I boot up Sea of thieves and Halo on PS tho lol

Switching to PC as my main platform soonish, seems like my best option by far due to getting Xbox and PS exclusives, saving me from needing to buy a PS5, and I can still make use of the incredible value that is Gamepass. I already withdrew money from savings to pay for it, and am currently watching Amazon, Newegg, and eBay like a hawk for good PC part deals, hoping to pull off these specs for less than $500 total (while reusing my current case, power supply, and 1 TB 7200 RPM hard drive to save some money over an all-new build):

CPU- Ryzen 5 5500 (~$100)

Motherboard- Budget AM4 (~$70)

RAM- 32 GB 3200 mhz DDDR4 with 16 CAS timing (~$50)

GPU- RTX 3060 12 GB (~$220 for a refurbished model with a warranty)

SSD- 1 TB PCIe 4.0 (limited to 3.0 speeds on the budget motherboard I will be using, will eventually get 4.0 speeds from it when I reuse it on my next build in 4 years or so) (~$55)

I will be keeping my Series X most likely, I doubt I could get more than $350-400 for my used Series X and all of my physical XSX and XB1 games, so it doesn't seem worth it to sell it, better to keep it to play my old game library including the XB1 X graphics updates on some 360 and XB1 games I own.

I will probably sell my PS4 Pro and PS4 physical game collection for whatever it is worth at this point (hoping to get $200 but might be worth less now), because I doubt I will be replaying any of my PS4 games and won't be buying a PS5 or PS6 most likely, as long as Sony keeps porting to PC. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 06 February 2024

The reports/rumors about Hi-Fi Rush to PS5/NS at least seems all but certain.

I was expecting MS to release some games on other consoles 1 or 2 years later. Similar to what Sony are doing with PC.
But now we are hearing "months" later. I don't know how reliable that info is. But I'm hoping it's just some noise getting mixed in with the more reliable rumors we've been hearing.

Because if MS release most (or all) games just months later, that's essentially like them going third party in terms of consoles.
And that's actually a scary thought from the perspective of being a PlayStation player, since Sony would essentially be without competition in the console space, seeing as Nintendo are mostly doing their own thing.

Sheesh, all this PC spec talk got me raring to build a new PC

ice said:

What's everyone's Xbox eXit plan?

Well I was taking some time off Xbox coz I was burnt out after Valhalla and hit the wall during Kingdoms of Amular so I don’t even have my Series X plugged in (not enough HDMI ports lol). I was planning on returning to it later in the year when HB2 drops or after I had finished my list of games on PS5. If HB2 hits PS5 then I’ll wait till Avowed and if Avowed hits PS5 I’ll wait till Fable etc. If there’s a reason to play Xbox I’ll plug it back in and if they go full third party then I simply won’t. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition