By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

Some of my initial skepticism has been worn away thanks to this new gameplay information. If they can improve the graphics and animations a bit more and make some enemy AI improvements before release, I think Avowed should be pretty good.

Same here! There were even times where the enemy AI was actually attacking lol. So much new information on ways abilities can be used outside of combat. I wonder why some of this footage wasn't included in the Direct. 

I hope Avowed gets its own "Starfield Direct" after the Summer Showcase. While Indiana Jones would be the bigger game in terms of popularity, it is a more straightforward game to present lol. Avowed needs that Starfield level breakdown and showing every aspect the game has to offer. Being able to re-spec and mixing and match your skill tree abilities, I wanna see that fleshed out!

Depressing.

Speaking to us privately, publishing, development and investment heads have said that continued high interest rates, oversaturated video game stores and cautious investors will result in more restructures, layoffs and closures.

One CEO of a public company told us: "If 2023 was the year of layoffs, 2024 will be the year of closures. Not just developers, but publishers, media, service companies... There are just too many unprofitable businesses in video games. We're looking at up to two years of pain."

"Too many games were green lit in 2020 and 2021," one publisher boss said. "We need to get to pre-pandemic levels in terms of the release schedule, and that's probably going to take two years. You can already see publishers signing fewer games. That's happening everywhere. The stores are saturated, not just Steam, and the games just aren't delivering the levels they were. "

G2ThaUNiT said:

Survival games are already one of the biggest genres in all of gaming. Especially on PC.

DayZ, Rust, Ark, Valheim, recently Sons of the Forest blew up PC. So combining a survival game with the creature capturing mechanics of a franchise as massive as Pokémon could've only equaled massive success.

Yeah. Makes one wonder why nobody before tried it. I mean Ark has capturing Dinos, but it is not exactly the same.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Just heard about Palsworld. Its on game pass so gonna check out what the hype is

jason1637 said:

Just heard about Palsworld. Its on game pass so gonna check out what the hype is

Be aware that the Xbox version (and apparently also the Gamepass on Windows version) is crashing and buggy. Steam version has more patches. I hope the patches will arrive on Xbox soon, because... the game is fun in between crashes.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
jason1637 said:

Be aware that the Xbox version (and apparently also the Gamepass on Windows version) is crashing and buggy. Steam version has more patches. I hope the patches will arrive on Xbox soon, because... the game is fun in between crashes.

Thanks for the info. I'll go into this with lower expectations when I play tonight. Like a PUBG situation when it first came to Xbox

Things aren't looking good for physical discs on Xbox, first we heard that Best Buy may be removing them from stores, now this leaked memo suggesting that Walmart will begin closing out Xbox discs, starting with Starfield by selling remaining stock at a mere 3 cents and disposing of any unsold discs. 

jason1637 said:
Mnementh said:

Thanks for the info. I'll go into this with lower expectations when I play tonight. Like a PUBG situation when it first came to Xbox

It’s lots of fun.