By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
G2ThaUNiT said:

Recommend FFXIV for anyone who wants an MMO, I hated FFXIII but really enjoyed FFXIV.

Would have played it on Xbox but I already have TESO for my MMO focus now.

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

I also owned Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise.

Give me a new Viva Pinata and I don't care where.

I would say: give us a *good* Viva Pinata, but otherwise I agree.

You better not be sneak dissing Viva Pinata fella

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 January 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Mnementh said:

I would say: give us a *good* Viva Pinata, but otherwise I agree.

Nah, I liked the first one. But Party Animals (without having played it) looks like it is something different. Trouble in Paradise seems like the first one though.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

Nah, I liked the first one. But Party Animals (without having played it) looks like it is something different. Trouble in Paradise seems like the first one though.

Lol, I forgot Party Animals was even a thing, looks like some Mario Party-like thing. TIP is a sequel to the 1st one, it's basically the same format but with more content. I forgot what the question was (I think it was something like "what game are you most proud of?" or along those lines) but this is what Gregg Mayles said about Viva Pinata.

"If I had to name just one, it would have to be Viva Piñata. The reason being that I think it sums up everything that Rare is as a studio. It was an inherently Rare produced game. What we’d done with it was special and there is still a lot of love for it. That is solely down to the amazing community that Viva Piñata engaged with. It’s a game I often think could have been so much more. It’s rare that I look back and say I wish I could have made a game differently but with Viva Piñata. It’s a rare example, I feel we made some mistakes. Though I’m still very proud of it. So I would definitely say Viva Piñata.

We can only hope Everwild is some sort of spiritual successor to Viva Pinata with Gregg Mayles in charge of it now.

Had a banging intro too.

viva pinata? you mean by Rare? The company that got Studio instant Death Syndrome the second MS bought them? Kappa

I do hope we get something from Everwild this year tho, even if it's just a teaser

Around the Network
ice said:

viva pinata? you mean by Rare? The company that got Studio instant Death Syndrome the second MS bought them? Kappa

I do hope we get something from Everwild this year tho, even if it's just a teaser

Haters can't admit that Rare's best games were under Microsoft.

Viva Pinata, Sea of Thieves > Everything Else*

*Didn't play Perfect Dark or Banjo

The most recent update we have on Everwild was the 2021 report that the game had been rebooted with Simon Woodroffe leaving as Creative Director and Gregg Mayles replacing him. That leak said they were optimistically targeting a 2024 release. So if development went smoothly it could indeed release this year, but smooth development seems pretty rare at Xbox studios.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/why-wasnt-everwild-at-e3-its-been-completely-rebooted/

Ryuu96 said:
ice said:

I am not a fan of Jump&Runs, so Banjo falls through. Already said I liked the original Viva Pinata, haven't played any other, but looking into it should probably try Trouble in Paradise. Sea of Thieves looks like fun, certainly if I want to play an pirate thing looks better than Skull&Bones. Though the best Pirate thing is still Monkey Island. Perfect Dark was a disappointment. I was a PC player back in the 90s, so I saw the shooter revolution directly. Perfect Dark is from 2000, same year as Deus Ex. Half-Life was even two years earlier in 1998. Both pushed the box much more. The only thing about Perfect Dark was, that it could make a shooter work on console. Besides that it was not much. Sorry.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

shikamaru317 said:

The most recent update we have on Everwild was the 2021 report that the game had been rebooted with Simon Woodroffe leaving as Creative Director and Gregg Mayles replacing him. That leak said they were optimistically targeting a 2024 release. So if development went smoothly it could indeed release this year, but smooth development seems pretty rare at Xbox studios.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/why-wasnt-everwild-at-e3-its-been-completely-rebooted/

Let him cook!

Gregg the best employee at Rare, after all these years gave us Rare's most successful game ever in Sea of Thieves, only issue was a lack of content but that likely wasn't Gregg's fault but Microsoft forcing it out too soon, Everwild can take their time, I know technically it has been announced for God knows how long now but Gregg only took over in 2021 and rebooted it in 2021 so I really doubt that 2024 release date.

Only thing I could see is Everwild being treated like Grounded with an early access mode for about a year.

Smooth development is rare at pretty much every AAA studio Tbh, Lol.

What I think is that Gregg will (hopefully) take some inspiration from Viva Pinata, being that was his proudest game and he seems like he wants to go back to it someday, I think Everwild could incorporate some Viva Pinata ideas, the whole "nurturing your garden to attract Pinatas" could expand in Everwild's case to a whole section of an island, growing things to attract certain animals, those animals attracting other animals, etc.

Then the Ruffians can be replaced by British Colonisers Kappa

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

I am not a fan of Jump&Runs, so Banjo falls through. Already said I liked the original Viva Pinata, haven't played any other, but looking into it should probably try Trouble in Paradise. Sea of Thieves looks like fun, certainly if I want to play an pirate thing looks better than Skull&Bones. Though the best Pirate thing is still Monkey Island. Perfect Dark was a disappointment. I was a PC player back in the 90s, so I saw the shooter revolution directly. Perfect Dark is from 2000, same year as Deus Ex. Half-Life was even two years earlier in 1998. Both pushed the box much more. The only thing about Perfect Dark was, that it could make a shooter work on console. Besides that it was not much. Sorry.

I have no interest in playing Banjo in 2024 but I would probably give a chance to a new one, I'm not sure how much I'd like it though, I loved Conker but in Rare Replay I hated how it felt which was disappointing to me, I would love another Conker still, way more than I would want a Banjo but sounds like Banjo is in development somewhere.

TIP is on Rare Replay.

I hated Grabbed by the Ghoulies but had a weird new appreciation for it in Rare Replay, Lol. Looking forward to Perfect Dark by Crystal Dynamics/The Initiative but yeah I have no interest in playing that old Perfect Dark now. Also I found Kameo a little rough around the edges but still a charming game, it had potential in a sequel.

Sea of Thieves is awesome fun, there is really nothing out there like it which I think helps its popularity, it really is dominating its space which consists of basically Sea of Thieves, Lol. Skull & Bones looks mid but even if it was good, I don't think it would scratch the same itch as Sea of Thieves, it looks more focused on hardcore aspects of sailing and less "fun" along with most of the gameplay being only via controlling the ship.

PotC in Sea of Thieves was awesome, I've yet to try the Monkey Island crossover, I hope they do One Piece next.

My favourite Rare titles would be Viva Pinata, Sea of Thieves and Conker, I want a sequel to both Viva Pinata and Conker the most.

I never got people saying that Rare "lost their charm" during the X360 era when I could feel it in most of their titles, aside from Kinect Sports but shit like this was said before Kinect Sports and it is said to describe current Rare too, Rare has always had a certain unique feeling to their titles and Sea of Thieves is no different, it has Rare's charm, but people seem to think "multiplayer only, must be soulless and bland" Lol.

Mind you, that's clearly a minority considering how popular Sea of Thieves is

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 07 January 2024