By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 39.39%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 20 60.61%

Total:33

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of other developers using the Souls crappy system. While I do not mind souls' mechanics, I am getting tired of it being used in just about every action game. Case in point is my latest play of Jedi Survivor. Yeah, I know the first game used the same mechanics but it's getting old in this game. The reason why in my opinion is that it does not promote experimentation. You have all these different stances, but I am loath to use any outside of what I have been using because if I die and have not open a shortcut, I have to trudge all the way back to mini boss or boss and its get tiresome. Also, sometimes I want to explore a particular stance but just do not have the patience for the dying and retry approach. I do not mind difficulty, but I really would like for more diverse mechanics then everyone just using souls and calling it a day.

At least the game allows you to reset your points in your abilities but you must reset them all which is a pain if you like experimenting like I do.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 29 April 2024

Around the Network

I've never liked Souls games, so it does get annoying when I see an interesting game shown and then I see the term "soulslike"

Hoping to see Viewfinder announced later today, I found it great on PS5.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

Too bad the source for this is Jez, I don't find him all that reliable. Hopefully he is right though, Xbox badly needs to get a major Fallout game out sooner than the 2035-2037 we are likely to see with Todd Howard waiting until TES 6 is released to start on Fallout 5. Either Obsidian needs to develop a new one as soon as Avowed is out, or Todd needs to start staffing up a Fallout team at Bethesda and direct 2 games at once Nomura style (or co-direct Fallout 5 with somebody else), or they need to find some new 3rd party developer to make one. Nobody wants to wait another 10 or more years for a new main Fallout game.

Machiavellian said:

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of other developers using the Souls crappy system. While I do not mind souls' mechanics, I am getting tired of it being used in just about every action game. Case in point is my latest play of Jedi Survivor. Yeah, I know the first game used the same mechanics but it's getting old in this game. The reason why in my opinion is that it does not promote experimentation. You have all these different stances, but I am loath to use any outside of what I have been using because if I die and have not open a shortcut, I have to trudge all the way back to mini boss or boss and its get tiresome. Also, sometimes I want to explore a particular stance but just do not have the patience for the dying and retry approach. I do not mind difficulty, but I really would like for more diverse mechanics then everyone just using souls and calling it a day.

At least the game allows you to reset your points in your abilities but you must reset them all which is a pain if you like experimenting like I do.

I've been sick of the Souls-like trend for awhile now, far too many devs jumped onto it (same as the Battle Royale trend). Not to mention many of the Souls-likes copy the high level of difficulty in addition to the fighting mechanics, which makes them total non-starters for me, at least Star Wars Jedi and the upcoming Black Myth Wukong I can play thanks to multiple difficulty options, but most of them are soul-crushingly hard, I tried both Sekiro and Code Vein and they just weren't good experiences for me, hitting brick walls of difficult fights that I couldn't get past in a reasonable amount of time. My gaming time is too valuable for me to waste 2 or 3 hours re-doing the same battles over and over. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 29 April 2024

Around the Network

Looks like Age of Mythology: Retold will be releasing prior to October 3rd!

These presenters are trash.

#SaveXbox

VersusEvil said:

These presenters are trash.

MS should've paid you to continually trash Jez in between the trailers.  Now THAT would make for good entertainment.

That was without a doubt the worst presentation I’ve ever seen. But more VS content is a 10/10 by itself.

#SaveXbox