By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 15 40.54%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 59.46%

Total:37
shikamaru317 said:

Looks like AC Shadows has a significantly more contained and realistically scaled map than the previous 3 RPG AC games.

I guess the season pass + updates will add maps again...

Purchases today:

-Colar pals (if you know you know)
- Xenon Valkyrie+(99 cents so yeah)
- Spirit Hunters Infinite Horde (Vampire survivors kind of game that the community seems to love) 

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

So if I’m understanding the complaints about ACS correctly, fighting mythical beings and ancient Japanese folklore is accurate but a black guy is TOO UNREALISTIC! They made a game for people like you, it’s called FF16.

I learned it is inappropriate to say the game looks good.  I was digging the atmosphere, outfits and overall environment of the town and merchant areas. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
VersusEvil said:

So if I’m understanding the complaints about ACS correctly, fighting mythical beings and ancient Japanese folklore is accurate but a black guy is TOO UNREALISTIC! They made a game for people like you, it’s called FF16.

I learned it is inappropriate to say the game looks good.  I was digging the atmosphere, outfits and overall environment of the town and merchant areas. 

-5 downvotes

People love being negative, I wish we could get rid of the entire voting system Tbh.

Ryuu96 said:
DroidKnight said:

-5 downvotes

People love being negative, I wish we could get rid of the entire voting system Tbh.

Lol, I don't mind.  It reveals a lot about current mindsets.  I just took it as I wasn't following the current Ubisoft hate doctrines, so I was an outlier. 

edit: The same thing happened when I was digging the new Sonic Frontiers long before it launched.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

VersusEvil said:

Thats fair, but I have to ask. Would you feel the same if the protagonist was white in this game?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Really stupid, tone-deaf from Kinda Funny to ask Ninja Theory's studio head a question about closures, he came on to proudly talk about his game then Gregg asks him a dumb ass question like that which made him uncomfortable, how the fuck is he meant to answer it?

Personally I think it is o.k. he asked that, I would actually have found it strange if he did not. I mean the studio closures were a serious shockwave sent through the xbox community, if the video game journalists (granted that is not necessarily how I would categorize Kinda Funny) should not just be microphone holders for the industry how should they ignore that in an interview with a studio head?

What is a true d*?!-move of Greg though is to ask it when they in advance have stated that they 100% will not ask it. But to me Dom Matthews seemed uncomfortable the entire interview, even before the question, and I would imagine that they are worried at Ninja Theory, and understandably so.

On how to answer it, I mean he could have said "self evidently we all heard about the closures and we feel for the colleagues who lost their jobs, but we just put the finishing touches on our game and our minds are on the imminent launch, we are so excited to get Saga out to the players and hear their feedback, so that is where our focus right now is." There is a little politician hidden in all of us.

It's been a while since I last visited the forum, and my God, what a hell it is to be an Xbox gamer in 2024.

I can't believe and trust the brand anymore.
Unfortunately for me, I don't want to lose my +300 games, my progressions and my achievements.

I just don't know what to do.

Go full PC and start a Steam library?
Continue to support Xbox until an official third-party announcement without new hardware?

I'm too afraid that the next console (if it exists) will be abandoned by third-party publishers, given its unpopularity, of which I have no doubt.

If all games are released on PS6, why bother with this machine as a consumer.

The Xbox that made such an impression on me as a child with the 360 is definitely dead.

(I hate Nadella and Hood)

KLXVER said:
VersusEvil said:

Thats fair, but I have to ask. Would you feel the same if the protagonist was white in this game?

Shōgun (TV Series 2024) - IMDb

Ryuu96 said:
KLXVER said:

Shōgun (TV Series 2024) - IMDb

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Are you saying it would be great to see a white person in the game because its great in the TV show or are you comparing a TV show about a specific story to this game?

NightF0x73 said:

It's been a while since I last visited the forum, and my God, what a hell it is to be an Xbox gamer in 2024.

I can't believe and trust the brand anymore.
Unfortunately for me, I don't want to lose my +300 games, my progressions and my achievements.

I just don't know what to do.

Go full PC and start a Steam library?
Continue to support Xbox until an official third-party announcement without new hardware?

I'm too afraid that the next console (if it exists) will be abandoned by third-party publishers, given its unpopularity, of which I have no doubt.

If all games are released on PS6, why bother with this machine as a consumer.

The Xbox that made such an impression on me as a child with the 360 is definitely dead.

(I hate Nadella and Hood)

You don't have to 100% switch to Steam. There is still the Play Anywhere program. So if you do end up switching to PC, then go to the Xbox App that's built into Windows, and you'll see all and get to play all your games that are part of Play Anywhere. Which isn't always just first-party. And of course, you still unlock all your achievements and add to your Gamescore as if you're still on Xbox. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 16 May 2024