By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 15 40.54%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 59.46%

Total:37

Correction, the update is big, not the shipbuilding part of the update specifically.

Shipbuilding features, city map, new gameplay and difficulty options, new display modes, other surprises.

Mods coming to Xbox for Starfield (obv).

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I knew it would be a success but I'm a bit surprised at how big of a success it is, I had worried that the tone to non-gaming audiences would have been a little off-putting with how wild it is, Lol.

Anyway, Todd in an interview with Gregg Miller confirmed Starfield Shattered Space is releasing in Fall.

Teased another Fallout project (Fallout 3 remaster?).

City maps and a big shipbuilding update are coming to Starfield soon.

Definitely the Fallout 3 remaster that leaked out in the ABK court docs. 

Ryuu96 said:

Other display modes are coming to Starfield on consoles.

Starfield creation kit news coming soon.

Display modes?

Also, insane that it'll be a year for the expansion to release. It's not like Xbox has a quiet second half of the year to begin with. 

G2ThaUNiT said:
Ryuu96 said:

Other display modes are coming to Starfield on consoles.

Starfield creation kit news coming soon.

Display modes?

Also, insane that it'll be a year for the expansion to release. It's not like Xbox has a quiet second half of the year to begin with. 

Probably means it will get a performance and balanced mode in addition to the current locked 30 fps mode, which will get renamed to quality mode. I kind of doubt either performance or balanced will hit a locked 60 fps no matter how low they go on resolution based on the PC benchmarks, but I think they will probably be able to manage 50-60 fps on performance and 40-50 fps on balanced, with backwards compatibility on the next Xbox console allowing users to run the balanced mode at a locked 60 fps until a proper next-gen update can be released.  

Around the Network

Damn, can't think of many other studios Bethesda could partner with

Final DLC and NCR ending left in FNV. This has been a long ass 100%

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I knew it would be a success but I'm a bit surprised at how big of a success it is, I had worried that the tone to non-gaming audiences would have been a little off-putting with how wild it is, Lol.

Anyway, Todd in an interview with Gregg Miller confirmed Starfield Shattered Space is releasing in Fall.

Teased another Fallout project (Fallout 3 remaster?).

City maps and a big shipbuilding update are coming to Starfield soon.

Definitely the Fallout 3 remaster that leaked out in the ABK court docs. 

Hopefully they do both 3 & NV that would likely be quicker than starting on a brand new game that would take 4-5 years to make if they started right now.

Let Sawyer remake New Vegas (IIRC wasn't he sad about how much had to be cut?), it'd be easier on Obsidian and more within their capability, otherwise I can't see how they'd handle a Fallout built from the ground up, they should asset flip Fallout 4, Obsidian simply doesn't have the capacity to take on a full Fallout title built from the ground up without putting practically their entire studio on it and expanding.

Unless they co-develop it with Bethesda Austin after Austin goes through significant expansion and hands Fallout 76 over to Double Eleven completely but with F76 blowing up a little recently, they may double down on it and increase investment once again. Then remake Fallout 3, I ain't playing it if it's a simple remaster, Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 April 2024