By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23

Final:

Category Winner Runner-Up
Best Shooter Bright Memory: Infinite Sniper Elite 5
Best Action Dysmantle Nobody Saves The World
Best Action-Adventure Grounded LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Best RPG Persona 5 Royal Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising
Best Platformer Tinykin
Best Fighting/Brawler/Beat 'em Up
Best Sports/Racing Rush Rally Origins Matchpoint: Tennis Championships
Best Sim/Strategy Game PowerWash Simulator Two Point Campus
Best Horror Scorn
Best Story/Writing As Dusk Falls Beacon Pines
Best Graphics Scorn LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
Best Art Design
Best Audio Design Metal Hellsinger
Best Soundtrack
Best Performance
Best Multiplayer/Online Play You Suck at Parking
Best Singleplayer Vampire Survivors Persona 5 Royal
Best Indie Vampire Survivors Tinykin
Best Gamepass Addition Vampire Survivors Persona 5 Royal
Best Ongoing Game
Best Family Game
Best Studio Obsidian
Best Xbox Ecosystem Exclusive Vampire Survivors Grounded
Most Anticipated Multiplat Hogwarts Legacy Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
Most Anticipated Xbox Ecosystem Exclusive Starfield Forza Motorsport
Overall Game of the Year Vampire Survivors Persona 5 Royal

Vampire Survivors is technically also on mobile but who cares about mobile, right?

Last edited by Barozi - on 17 January 2023

Around the Network

I haven't played many games from this year. Other than some indies. Vampire Survivors is the one big standout. Even if it is such a simple game. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Xbox Empire - Game of the Year Awards - 2018 Results

Hosted by Shikamaru317.

CategoryWinnerRunner-Up
Best ShooterFar Cry 5Tie - Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Best Action/Action-AdventureRed Dead Redemption 2Nier Automata
Best RPGAssassin's Creed OdysseyValkyria Chronicles 4
Best PlatformerThe Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of MemoriesCeleste
Best FighterSoulCalibur 6DragonBall FighterZ
Best HorrorCall of CthulhuState of Decay 2
Best Sports/RacingForza Horizon 4The Crew 2
Best SoundtrackNier AutomataRed Dead Redemption 2
Best Art DesignSea of ThievesValkyria Chronicles 4
Best GraphicsForza Horizon 4Red Dead Redemption 2
Best Male PerformanceRoger Clark as Arthur Morgan in Red Dead Redemption 2Eric Krogh as Vincent in A Way Out
Best Female PerformanceMelissanthi Mahut as Kassandra in Assassin's Creed OdysseyCamilla Luddington as Lara Kroft in Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Best SingleplayerRed Dead Redemption 2Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Best MultiplayerSea of ThievesCall of Duty: Black Ops 4
Best StoryRed Dead Redemption 2Tie - Nier Automata and Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Best Games With Gold ReleaseForza Horizon 2Vanquish
Best Backwards Compatibility ReleasePanzer Dragoon OrtaStar Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2
Best IndieA Way OutThe Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories
Best Xbox Console ExclusiveForza Horizon 4Sea of Thieves

Overall Xbox Game of the YearForza Horizon 4Red Dead Redemption 2
Most Anticipated 2019 MultiplatKingdom Hearts 3Tie - Metro Exodus and Cyberpunk 2077
Most Anticipated 2019 Xbox Console ExclusiveGears of War 5Tie - Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Crackdown 3

Xbox Empire - Game of the Year Awards - 2019 Results

Hosted by Shikamaru317

CategoryTop PickRunner-Up
Best ShooterTie (Borderlands 3 and Gears 5)Apex Legends
Best Action/Action-AdventureCrackdown 3Control
Best RPGThe Outer WorldsKingdom Hearts 3
Best PlatformerBloodstained: Ritual of the NightTie (Indivisible and Trials Rising)
Best FighterDead or Alive 6Jump Force
Best HorrorResident Evil 2 RemakeTie (World War Z and Blair Witch)
Best Sports/RacingTie (Team Sonic Racing, Crash Team Racing, Madden 20, F1 2019, and Wreckfest)Tie (Trials Rising and FIFA 20)
Best SoundtrackKingdom Hearts 3Tie (Control, River City Girls, Devil May Cry 5, and Bloodstained)
Best Art DesignKingdom Hearts 3Tie (River City Girls and Control)
Best GraphicsGears 5Metro Exodus
Best Male PerformanceMatthew Porretta as Dr. Casper Darling in ControlTie (Terry Crews as Issiah Jaxon in Crackdown 3, Barry Sloane as Captain Price in CoD MW, John DiMaggio as Marcus Fenix in Gears 5)
Best Female PerformanceLaura Bailey as Kait Diaz in Gears 5Tie (Courtney Hope as Jesse Faden in Control, Ashly Burch as Parvati in The Outer Worlds)
Best Moment/Sequence in a Video GameThe Ashtray Maze in ControlTie (Theater in Gears 5, Sekiro Final Boss, Xehanort Boss in KH3, and Going Dark Mission in CoD)
Best SingleplayerThe Outer WorldsGears 5
Best MultiplayerApex LegendsTie (Gears 5 and Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville)
Best StoryThe Outer WorldsTie (Gears 5 and Control)
Best Games With Gold ReleaseCelesteTie (SW Battlefront 2 2005, Forza Motorsport 6, and Tembo the Badass Elephant)
Best Backwards Compatibility ReleaseStar Ocean: The Last HopeTie (King of Fighter XIII and Crackdown 2)
Best IndieUntitled Goose GameTie (Blair Witch, Afterparty, Guacamelee 2, and Blazing Chrome)
Best Xbox Console ExclusiveTie (Gears 5 and Crackdown 3)Natsuki Chronicles

Overall Xbox Game of the YearThe Outer WorldsGears 5
Most Anticipated 2020 MultiplatCyberpunk 2077Doom Eternal
Most Anticipated 2020 Xbox Console ExclusiveHalo InfiniteOri and the Will of the Wisps

Your Game of the Year Winner is

Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

At this point I'm going forward with the mindset of this acquisition being blocked. I'm not even mad at Sony because they're just doing what benefits them the most and I get that, but I'm disappointed how the regulators are being willfully ignorant and misleading for their own selfish victory. Clearly the FTC and other regulators don' care about factual information, the consumers, workers at ABK, etc. and are basically gerrymandering this deal to be blocked. I fully expect MS to win in court against the FTC, but the CMA or EU will likely block the deal before it can even get to that point.

Same. Though, I think EC will pass it, I'm still not confident in CMA since they've blocked a lot of stuff lately and they rarely do behavioural remedies which is the only thing that Microsoft can realistically offer, they will not divest. So, I'm at this stage assuming it will be blocked, I think most should do the same to save the disappointment, things are not going well and it's hard to comeback from being targeted by a major regulator.

It really sucks for the workers at ABK, I feel most sorry for them, FTC can't pretend to give a shit about unions anymore, it's annoying from a consumer standpoint, it's annoying from a regulatory standpoint, I'm all in favour of FTC pummelling certain big tech companies who abuse their positions but Microsoft wasn't that and they're wasting their limited money and time on a wild goose chase just to get a weak win.

We should want better from our regulatory bodies, they should actually have to put a bit of research in and actual facts, all this tells me is that FTC is pretty useless at their jobs and gives me no confidence that they will be able to take on actual market abusers such as Amazon or God help them if they try to take on Google/Apple's app stores, Lol.

It's only disappointment if I care about Activision at all. Which I don't lol

Still think it'll get done tho

Around the Network

Not sure if I mentioned it or not but I didnt realize Gears of War Ultimate has a separate achievement pool than the "Windows 10 PC" version.

I was confused at why I was still getting achievements for a game I already had played 3 years ago through GamePass on PC.

Anyways, started playing Gears of War Ultimate on my Xbox Series S.

Kinda tough playing a shooter with a controller, so used to playing it with a M/K combo.

Just to clarify, the Xbox GOTY awards, it just had to release this year on Xbox?

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Ryuu96 said:

2,200 Posts in 30 Days.

NobleTeam360 said:

You think MS will maybe make a commitment to release CoD on both GamePass and PS+? (I know it's stupid because why should MS be forced to do that when they own the property but, maybe that can satisfy their concerns to get the whole deal through). Because if Xbox's overall strategy is to get deeper into mobile, CoD shouldn't be the sole factor that kills the deal. Maybe they can say they'll put CoD in with PS+ but delayed for like 6 months or something from the Xbox Game Pass release. 

So far Microsoft hasn't offered any sort of concessions for subscription services despite Sony's complaining, it's not the regulators who come up with the concessions either, it's the party who is being investigated who has to offer them and regulators decide if they're good enough, IIRC. Which either suggests Microsoft simply doesn't want to or they don't think the regulators care much about that.

It definitely won't be done for free if it comes down to it, I actually think Microsoft should consider it if it's a major complaint of CMA, but only if it has a price tag attached to it, Microsoft should simply say that if Sony wants CoD in PS+ then they have to pay what it's worth, which if day one like Game Pass would cost hundreds of millions, something that I don't believe Sony would do for a second, in essence, call Sony's bluff.

The only way Sony would get it, Imo, is if it came years later and by then, the effects would be irrelevant versus the effects of having CoD in Game Pass on day one and if regulators don't trust Microsoft then they could simply get an independent third party to set the price and terms, maybe ask the thoughts of another gaming publisher, Lol.

Yeah, Sony would have to pay for it. I'm sure regulators aren't expecting that to be some kind of free handout to Sony? Lol, just like CoD being on PS in general is still going to have Sony paying MS. Good point with the bolded part as well, could be another point that shows regulators sony isn't serious about subscription gaming. (not even counting where they don't put their 1st party games into the service day one). 

Xbox Empire - Game of the Year Awards - 2020 Results.

Hosted by Shikamaru317.

Category Top Pick Runner-Up
Best Shooter Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Cyberpunk 2077
Best Action/Action-Adventure Assassin's Creed Valhalla  Yakuza Kiwami 2
Best RPG Cyberpunk 2077 Dragon Quest XI
Best Platformer Ori and the Will of the Wisps Katana Zero
Best Fighter/Brawler/Beat 'em up Battletoads Streets of Rage 4
Best Horror Resident Evil 3 Remake Carrion
Best Sports/Racing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 F1 2020
Best Sim/Strategy Microsoft Flight Simulator Tie - Gears Tactics and Planet   Coaster
Best Soundtrack Ori and the Will of the Wisps Doom Eternal
Best Art Design Ori and the Will of the Wisps Tie - Streets of Rage 4, Katana Zero,   Bleeding Edge 
Best Graphics Cyberpunk 2077 Microsoft Flight Simulator 
Best Male Performance Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077 Damon Allen as Frank Woods in Call   of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
Best Female Performance Cherami Leigh as Female V in   Cyberpunk 2077 Debra Wilson as Mikayla Dorn in   Gears Tactics
Best Singleplayer Cyberpunk 2077 Dragon Quest XI 
Best Multiplayer Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Bleeding Edge 
Best Story Cyberpunk 2077 Dragon Quest XI 
Best 3rd party Gamepass Release Control Tie - Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Dragon   Quest XI
Best Ongoing Support Sea of Thieves Halo The Master Chief Collection
Best Indie Planet Coaster Tie - Haven, Katana Zero, and   Supraland
Best Xbox Console Exclusive Ori and the Will of the Wisps Gears Tactics 
Best Studio Moon Studios Tie - The Coalition, Asobo Studio
Overall Xbox Game of the Year Cyberpunk 2077 Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Most Anticipated Multiplat Hogwarts Legacy Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Most Anticipated Xbox Console Exclusive Halo Infinite Flight Simulator 

Rate Xbox 2020

Bleeding Edge 6.8/10
Ori and the Will of the Wisps 9.1/10
Minecraft Dungeons 7.5/10
Battletoads 7.1/10
Wasteland 3 9/10
Flight Simulator 9.5/10
Gears Tactics 8.5/10
Tell Me Why 7.5/10
Grounded (Early Access) 7/10
Overall First Party 7.3/10
Overall 3rd Party 7.5/10
Hardware Rating 9.3/10
Overall 2020 Rating 7.5/10

Your 2020 Xbox Empire Game of the Year

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 December 2022

It's kind of funny that they invited Microsoft to meetings and stuff with zero intention of accepting any concessions, Lol.

Just wasted everyone's time including their own.