By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

You’re Transported to Fallout’s World, Would You Rather?

Live in a Vault (Random Selection) 18 78.26%

Live on the Surface 5 21.74%

Total:23

Xbox Empire - Game of the Year Awards - 2016 Results.

Hosted by Shikamaru317.

Best Shooter Winner: Battlefield 1
Runner-up: Overwatch
Best Platformer Winner: ReCore
Runner-up: Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition
Best Sports/Racing Winner: Forza Horizon 3
Runner-up: Rocket League
Best RPG Winner: Final Fantasy XV
Runner-up: Earthlock: Festival of Magic
Best Action-Adventure Winner: Quantum Break
Runner-up: Dishonored 2
Best Horror Winner: Dead Rising 4
Runner-up: Layers of Fear
Best Singleplayer Campaign Winner: Final Fantasy XV
Runner-up: Titanfall 2
Best Multiplayer Winner: Gears of War 4
Best Narrative Winner: Quantum Break
Runner-up: Final Fantasy XV
Best Graphics Winner: Gears of War 4
Runner-up: Battlefield 1
Best Art Design Winner: Dishonored 2
Best Soundtrack Winner: Final Fantasy XV
Runner-up: Dishonored 2
Best Sound Design Winner: Quantum Break
Runner-up: Forza Horizon 3
Best Performance by a Male Actor Winner: John DiMaggio as Marcus Feenix in Gears of War 4
Runner-up: Shawn Ashmore as Jack Joyce in Quantum Break
Best Performance by a Female Actress Winner: Ericka Soto as Joule Adams in ReCore
Runner-up: Erin Yvette as Alex in Oxenfree
Best Free To Play Game Winner: Star Trek Online
Runner-up: Happy Dungeons
Best ID@Xbox Game Winner: Oxenfree
Runner-up: Inside
Best DLC Winner: Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Runner-up: Forza Horizon 3: Blizzard Mountain
Best Console Exclusive Winner: Forza Horizon 3
Runner-up: Gears of War 4
Best Xbox One Games With Gold Release Winner: Sunset Overdrive
Runner-up: Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Best Xbox 360 Games With Gold Release Winner: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Runner-up: Forza Horizon
Best Backwards Compatibility Release Winner: Lost Odyssey
Runner-up: Red Dead Redemption
Overall Xbox Game of the Year Winner: Tie- Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War 4
Runner-up: Final Fantasy XV

Overall Xbox 2016 Rating (Games, Hardware, Announcements etc.) (7.8/10)
Quantum Break (8/10)
ReCore (7.5/10)
Forza Horizon 3 (9.3/10)
Gears of War 4 (8.5/10)
Dead Rising 4 (7.4/10)

Most Anticipated 2017 Multiplatform Winner: Mass Effect Andromeda
Runner-up: Red Dead Redemption 2
Most Anticipated 2017 Exclusive Winner: Scalebound
Runner-up: Crackdown 3

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 December 2022

Around the Network

I'm starting to not care for Activision purchase niether except toys for bob but toy's for bob is not worth 69 billion. If it fails what can Microsoft buy that is not the level of COD? About every Japanese 3rd party can't outdo the money COD makes on console/mobile etc not even Monster Hunter can beat COD yearly sales.

Angelus said:
VersusEvil said:

So Dragon Age Inquisition, a semi open world fantasy RPG literally has 0 healing spells ....... Did the guy who decided that have a fucking stroke or something ... I .. just ... *Facepalm* .....

That is pretty weird at first lol, but between barriers and guard, it doesn't really end up being an issue

Also potions are really playing a big roles for the healing. Did not play for so long but if I remember the healing overtime one (+ upgrades) is really good a while playing at highest difficulty, I always had this one equiped + the normal healing one. 

And of course, upgrading them is super important.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah if Sony want CoD day one on PS plus then MS should be allowed to set the price, 250 million for 1 year should be enough right?

Honestly if it comes down to the CMA forcing MS to put it on PS Plus at the same time as GamePass then they should just not put it on Gamepass for the UK only.

I actually think that's too low.

If Sony paid for PS Plus including CoD from day one then they'd likely have to cover the loss revenue occurred.

Modern Warfare 2 Hit $1 Billion In Revenue In 10 Days.

Even if we go for a low estimate and say that PlayStation accounts for 30% of that, it would be $300m across 10 days.

Across an entire year? Jesus. I don't think even Sony would do it for a month, Lol.

Which is why Microsoft should call their bluff, not even Microsoft would pay for CoD day one into Game Pass.

Agreed I was only thinking about covering the cost of development and obviously that wouldn’t be enough , if they are forced then they should play hardball with the price since MS are the ones paying all the development costs.

smroadkill15 said:

At this point I'm going forward with the mindset of this acquisition being blocked. I'm not even mad at Sony because they're just doing what benefits them the most and I get that, but I'm disappointed how the regulators are being willfully ignorant and misleading for their own selfish victory. Clearly the FTC and other regulators don' care about factual information, the consumers, workers at ABK, etc. and are basically gerrymandering this deal to be blocked. I fully expect MS to win in court against the FTC, but the CMA or EU will likely block the deal before it can even get to that point.

Same. Though, I think EC will pass it, I'm still not confident in CMA since they've blocked a lot of stuff lately and they rarely do behavioural remedies which is the only thing that Microsoft can realistically offer, they will not divest. So, I'm at this stage assuming it will be blocked, I think most should do the same to save the disappointment, things are not going well and it's hard to comeback from being targeted by a major regulator.

It really sucks for the workers at ABK, I feel most sorry for them, FTC can't pretend to give a shit about unions anymore, it's annoying from a consumer standpoint, it's annoying from a regulatory standpoint, I'm all in favour of FTC pummelling certain big tech companies who abuse their positions but Microsoft wasn't that and they're wasting their limited money and time on a wild goose chase just to get a weak win.

We should want better from our regulatory bodies, they should actually have to put a bit of research in and actual facts, all this tells me is that FTC is pretty useless at their jobs and gives me no confidence that they will be able to take on actual market abusers such as Amazon or God help them if they try to take on Google/Apple's app stores, Lol.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

At this point I'm going forward with the mindset of this acquisition being blocked. I'm not even mad at Sony because they're just doing what benefits them the most and I get that, but I'm disappointed how the regulators are being willfully ignorant and misleading for their own selfish victory. Clearly the FTC and other regulators don' care about factual information, the consumers, workers at ABK, etc. and are basically gerrymandering this deal to be blocked. I fully expect MS to win in court against the FTC, but the CMA or EU will likely block the deal before it can even get to that point.

Same. Though, I think EC will pass it, I'm still not confident in CMA since they've blocked a lot of stuff lately and they rarely do behavioural remedies which is the only thing that Microsoft can realistically offer, they will not divest. So, I'm at this stage assuming it will be blocked, I think most should do the same to save the disappointment, things are not going well and it's hard to comeback from being targeted by a major regulator.

It really sucks for the workers at ABK, I feel most sorry for them, FTC can't pretend to give a shit about unions anymore, it's annoying from a consumer standpoint, it's annoying from a regulatory standpoint, I'm all in favour of FTC pummelling certain big tech companies who abuse their positions but Microsoft wasn't that and they're wasting their limited money and time on a wild goose chase just to get a weak win.

We should want better from our regulatory bodies, they should actually have to put a bit of research in and actual facts, all this tells me is that FTC is pretty useless at their jobs and gives me no confidence that they will be able to take on actual market abusers such as Amazon or God help them if they try to take on Google/Apple's app stores, Lol.

If Activision does fail who do you want Microsoftr acquire?

SegaHeart said:
Ryuu96 said:

If Activision does fail who do you want Microsoftr acquire?

Sega would be good for extra PC and Japanese support and likely fly under regulatory scrutiny. Certain Affinity and Skybox Labs can do original IPs but they're vital for Halo support, if Xbox loses CoD then they absolutely need to start tripling down on Halo. Asobo and IO Interactive are just brilliant original IP studios.

I'd go after those first, I'd do a bunch of individual studio acquisitions first, all under $1bn to avoid regulation, so we don't have to wait months for a publisher acquisition to close again and then I would go after Sega or Capcom (if possible) but I think anything above those guys is going to get blocked at this stage.

I do think Microsoft will still try to find a large mobile capable studio to make up for King a little but so many of them are already owned.

If it's something bandaid from that Activision blockbuster. that team could be Capcom or something like 2k which just have 1 IP worth anything in sales but not yearly like COD more like once a decade talking about Grand Theft Auto. Those guys are super slow in making that Ip.

Xbox Empire - Game of the Year Awards - 2017 Results

Hosted by Shikamaru317

Best Shooter Winner: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Runner-Up: Call of Duty: WWII
Best RPG Winner: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Runner-Up: Mass Effect Andromeda
Best Action-Adventure Winner: Assassin's Creed Origins
Runner-Up: Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Best Platformer Winner: Cuphead
Runner-Up: Sonic Mania
Best Fighting Game Winner: Tekken 7
Runner-Up: For Honor
Best Horror Winner: Resident Evil 7
Runner-Up: Dead By Daylight
Best Sports/Racing Winner: Forza Motorsport 7
Runner-Up: Infinite Minigolf
Best Soundtrack Winner: Cuphead
Runner-Up: Sonic Mania
Best Art Design Winner: Cuphead
Runner-Up: South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Best Graphics Winner:  Assassin's Creed Origins
Runner-Up: Star Wars Battlefront 2
Best Male Performance Winner: Nathan Fillion as Cayde-6 in Destiny 2
Runner-Up: Abubakar Salim as Bayek in Assassin's Creed Origins
Best Female Performance Winner: Janina Gavankar as Iden Versio in Star Wars Battlefront 2
Runner-Up: Rosario Dawson as Billie Lurk in Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
Best Singleplayer Winner: Assassin's Creed Origins
Runner-Up: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Best Multiplayer Winner: Call of Duty WWII
Runner-Up: Halo Wars 2
Best Story Winner: Assassin's Creed Origins
Runner-Up: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Best Games With Gold Release Winner: Oxenfree
Runner-Up: Tales From The Borderlands
Best Backwards Compatibility Release Winner: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Runner-Up: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Best ID@Xbox (Indie) Release Winner: Cuphead
Runner-Up: Candleman
Best Xbox Console Exclusive Winner: Cuphead
Runner-Up: Halo Wars 2
Overall Xbox Game of the Year Winner: Assassin's Creed Origins
Runner-Up: Cuphead

Overall Xbox 2017 Rating (Exclusives, Hardware, GWG, BC, etc.) 5.7/10
Voodoo Vince HD 6/10
Phantom Dust HD 7.6/10
Halo Wars 2 8/10
Cuphead 8.25/10
Forza Motorsport 7 7.8/10
Super Lucky's Tale 7.25/10
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds 7.9/10

Most Anticipated 2018 Multiplat Winner: Red Dead Redemption 2
Runner-Up: Kingdom Hearts 3
Most Anticipated 2018 Console Exclusive Winner: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Runner-Up: Sea of Thieves

Stats

• Closest Contests: Best Shooter, Best RPG, Best Graphics, Best Male Performance, Best Female Performance, Best Singleplayer, Best Multiplayer, Best Story, Most Anticipated 2018 Console Exclusive (1 Point)
  • Least Close Contest: Best ID@Xbox Release (6 Points)
  • Most Total Points: Cuphead for Best Art Design (12 points)
  • # of Ballots: 10
Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 December 2022

I feel since Ryuu96 is too much into Xbox him and Shikamaru, GTO few other users, their opinion matter more to the well being of Xbox more than me. I wonder what Shikamaru and GTo will say?