By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Dread surges on charts

I don't know if anyone has noticed but in Canada on the eShop Metroid Dread is in the top 15 for beat sellers and on Amazon number 5 beating Pokemon Scarlett and Violet.

Metroid Dread definitely is the best selling game in the series now.

Around the Network

Such an awesome game. Deserves every unit sold.

My game of the year last year! Only my second 2D Metroid as well, and I absolutely love it.
Haven't played a 2D game that felt better to control. Kinda like what Super Mario Odyssey felt like for 3D.

1doesnotsimply

It was already the best selling game in the series, but hopefully has crossed the 3 million mark. I’m still hoping over time it gets closer to 3.5 million. These periodic price reductions could definitely help.

I still need to play this. From what I hear, it deserves all the success it receives.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

hmm discount?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Deserves all of it's sales, and then some.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

You love to see it, but I wonder why.

I'll like to think it's because it's one year old now. Because then I can hope for a surge in sales for the other masterpiece of October 2021 (not happening).

I'm guessing the 30% discount and the 1 year anniversary factor are helping sales.

Love and tolerate.

Ninten78 said:

Metroid Dread definitely is the best selling game in the series now.

It was already the best selling in the series in March at 2.9mil copies. That's nothing new. Is there a discount? Amazon is hiding the price since I'm in a different region.

It selling so well in Canada right now is great and all, but Canada is not exactly the strongest market. It should be over 3mil now though.