By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz got attacked [IMPORTANT]

Bandorr said:
trunkswd said:

It looks to be well over 20 people that were banned. Mainly staff and a lot of the regulars. 

You can see who is still banned here: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/members.php?name=&gender=&keyword=&country=&type=Banned&order=Last+logged+in

Some people who have been unbanned have been unable to access the site. They can login, but other than the top bar the rest of the site is just a black screen. Our coders are working on all the fixes. It is just a lot to go through. 

I've unbanned everyone.  The blackness remains.  Although I am chasing it down.

That is good news. You are doing great work fixing things. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

I backed up the notification table.
After testing a theory on myself and someone else the theory worked.
I have deleted everyone's notification.

The blackness should be gone.

Reminder - I did back them up. They are still there. If we figure out the problem they can be re-implemented easily.

You are bound to love Earthbound.

yo

Bandorr said:

I backed up the notification table.
After testing a theory on myself and someone else the theory worked.
I have deleted everyone's notification.

The blackness should be gone.

Reminder - I did back them up. They are still there. If we figure out the problem they can be re-implemented easily.

Thumbs up for the wizardry.  

You guys are doing a great job dealing with the attack. Good thing I was alone when I visited the front page early today. lol

Did something important got stolen, or permanently damaged? Other than some accounts getting banned?

My account seems fine, by the way.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

You guys are doing a great job dealing with the attack. Good thing I was alone when I visited the front page early today. lol

Did something important got stolen, or permanently damaged? Other than some accounts getting banned?

My account seems fine, by the way.

VGChartz estimates weren't touched and articles for the most part are fine - Minus the dozen or so that were changed by the attacker.

At this point the biggest headache will be restoring all the forum posts that have been removed by all of those banned. Talon is working on that, but it could be a while before he is able to fix that. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I've updated the OP. Bandorr's restored everyone's accounts. Talon's working on trying to find a solution for all of your missing posts. Now I've got my account back I can start restoring everyone's supporter status and all the staff's roles.

My priority with the supporter stuff in the short term will just be to return the status; Trucks and I will have to go over the accounts & dates and make sure everyone gets their full membership length (plus extra for this inconvenience), so don't worry about the temporary date I arbitrarily set for now.

That attack was so random. Checked the site as my morning routine and bam lmao. I was like oh well, no news for today.

I have to say great work to the guys who is fixing this site after the hack, Bandorr your work is amazing. I cant imagine how much trouble it has been.
I think its clear whoever was behind the attack was once a member of the site.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.