By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 400K, PS5 LT Sales Top 23M - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Sep 4-10

Nice. Just curious, and sorry if i missed this, but were any adjustments made to the lifetime VG chartz numbers after the August US and Europe numbers came out?

Around the Network

Switch is kicking ass. There is a decent chance it will pass 113m next week.

Roughly 700k more units needed to make the gap 7m between PS5 and Series. with the average of 50k more PS5 a week... it will take about 14 weeks to do that. unless things take a turn and Series starts pulling in big numbers. but with no major releases, I don't see that happening. Maybe next year when all the long awaited games finally start releasing.

Huge sales for Switch, at this point even 2023 is looking to be some mind point between 2018 and 2019 which is... just pure madness. One more version (like OLED) and this system is locked to be the best selling gaming console of all time 

trunkswd said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Huge sales for Switch, at this point even 2023 is looking to be some mind point between 2018 and 2019 which is... just pure madness. One more version (like OLED) and this system is locked to be the best selling gaming console of all time 

You think we will see a Switch Lite OLED model?

No idea, I guess not. OLED screen already points toward a more handheld crowd, docked users have no benefit on buying a more expensive model having only have more memory 

Around the Network

I wonder how many other systems have had a 400k+ week outside of the holiday period when over 5.5 years old. It wouldn't surprise me if the Switch is the only one so far.

Switch killing it. Too bad the Spatoon HW boost was limited only to Japan, numbers elsewhere are just normal. >400k is sure nice to see though. Gonna be pretty much right at 113m next week.
Really want to know what Splatoon global sales were for the first week!

Norion said:

I wonder how many other systems have had a 400k+ week outside of the holiday period when over 5.5 years old. It wouldn't surprise me if the Switch is the only one so far.

That's a good question. I suspect the X360 may have done it during the Kinect surge.

Maybe the DS hit 400k especially when BW released? That would actually be closer to the 6 year mark.

Switch is in beast mode.
20 million plus in year 6 is on the cards, barring a major misstep, which is just crazy.