By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario & Sonic at Olympics (Wii) has done it!!!

I once said on another forum about that Segas prediction, that the game will sell 1M because of Mario, 1M because of Sonic, 1M because of olympics and 1M because people want to play this kind of game.
But obviously i was wrong, it's going to sell a lot more.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

5 mil wii seller for sure!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

When we say Mr Gay do we mean Mario? And if that is so, do we translate it to Mr. Happy (which I hope) or to Mr. Homosexual (which if it is I fail to understand).

English is not my native language. Forgive me if my question sounds silly but I read a lot of times that Playstation is gay and Wii is gay and I want to find out if it is some kind of expression.

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

clapiotis said:
When we say Mr Gay do we mean Mario? And if that is so, do we translate it to Mr. Happy (which I hope) or to Mr. Homosexual (which if it is I fail to understand).

English is not my native language. Forgive me if my question sounds silly but I read a lot of times that Playstation is gay and Wii is gay and I want to find out if it is some kind of expression.

Its Super Mario Galaxy ...the stars from every letter in the title forms URMRGAY ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

That's fun! Thanks.

wii number: 8166 7045 0170 7783 (don't forget to inform me if you add me)

Around the Network

Looks like I was the only one who had any faith in the game. Anyone remember my old scribes in the games comment section? ;)

Ok... I was the only one saying it would sell well... I didn't actually say it would sell more then 5 million on it's own.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Nintendo Zealot said:
famousringo said:
I thought that 4 million units prediction included DS sales, too.

The title is a blockbuster success.

The 4 million prediction was suppose to include the DS version. Sega didn't even think it would be this successful.

I don't think Sega ever said it was to include DS version (or not). It was just assumed that is what they meant because few beleived the wii version could do it on it's own.

I was able to buy 3900 shares of M&S Wii at an average prediction of 1.6M copies sold over at theSimExchange.

Current prediction is almost 5M. And I'm not about to sell.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

M and S will sell at least 6 million copies. It will sell over the Olympics, and next holidays. 6 is a low ball number too. Could easily see it selling 8. DS version could sell 4...

10-12 million combined... also there are other benefits for sega because of the bigs sales. Namely Sonic is becoming a household name again. This will be HUGE when Sonic Unleashed is released.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Expect this game to start selling a lot again when the olympics start. This game could wind up selling 10 million. I wouldn't be shocked.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger