By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Popular franchises you never had any contact

Fortnite and League of Legends come to mind. But basically anything that has to do with online multiplayer, f2p and so on. I really don't get into those things. I like single-player. I know, I'm old.

Oh, also just about any smartphone title. I don't know why and how people play with their phones, but I would never do that. I did it way back when the N-Gage was a thing. But at least that phone had buttons. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Tons actually.

Metal Gear
Fire Emblem
The Witcher
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Resident Evil
Halo
Tomb Raider
Monster Hunter
Forza
Gran Turismo
The Sims
Mortal Kombat
Borderlands
Read Dead Redemption
Battlefield
Civilization
Far Cry
Diablo
Etc

Mar1217 said:
Jpcc86 said:

nah, its fine, if you are not into it, thats just it, your are just not into it. Perfectly reasonable. 
I have tried a couple of franchises that I wasnt precisely into, just for the sake of playing them because of their popularity, and I didnt enjoy them. It just wasnt worth it.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I haven't played any game in the Animal Crossing series too since I just don't like Life-sim games in general 

Same thing for me. Pretty much all of those "casual" life-sim games.

I will also say pretty much all popular indie franchises.

And surprisingly, The Witcher franchise. However I intend on playing it sometime within the next year.

Nier
State of decay

IcaroRibeiro said:

Call of Duty
Halo
Fallout
Borderlands
Gears of War
Half Life
Bioshock
Battlefield
Counter Striker
Far Cry
Doom

i.e. first person shooters. Hate them all

Thought I was alone in not liking FPS. I did play Halo one time and would add Half-life to the list if not for one afternoon in school where I tried it. Unreal goes up the list for me.

Other than that  few series I have not played:

Mario Party

Red Dead Redemption

Mass effect

Assasins Creed

Final Fantasy (I have played Sword of Mana though, and that was a remake of Final Fantasy adventure if i remember correctly),

Pretty much all racing games outside of RC Pro Am and Mario Kart,

Like all Sports games (except one NHL game from 1997).

3D GTA (played the second game in the series)

Thats about it.

Around the Network
  • Halo
  • Mega Man (Played a demo of 11 but that's it)
  • Dragon Age
  • Doom (Though I do own Doom 2016 and plan to play it at some point)
  • Civilization
  • Command & Conquer
  • Battlefield
  • Hitman
  • Tekken
  • Gran Turismo & Forza
  • Most sports series (Madden, NBA, etc.)

The list would actually have been longer a couple of years ago, but I've been filling in some of the "gaps".

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Probably most franchises. A number beyond reckoning, thousands. No, tens of thousands.

Animal crossing
Battlefield
Halo
Forza
Persona 
Dragon Age

Splatoon

Doom

Killzone

Hint:

If the franchise reached less than 2M on every entry, then it's not popular 

If you actually played a game from the franchise you listed, Why are you putting in the list in the first place???

If you put a number after the name, the chances are high that it's not the franchise that you listed, it's a standalone game

Last edited by 160rmf - on 19 September 2022

We reap what we sow

The biggest ones that come to mind immediately are Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Xenoblade, Gears of War and Battlefield. Probably quite a few others that I'm just forgetting right now.

Fortnite
Overwatch
League of Legends
Battlefront
Apex Legends
Splatoon
Animal Crossing
Ace Attorney
Fire Emblem
Monster Hunter
Tales of..

Other than that think I've tried most of the larger well known franchises at some point or another.