By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (BOTW2) releases 12th of May 2023

The conspiracy theorist in me believes that they chose the Tears of the Kingdom name to feed the algorythm. People search for Tik Tok, the algorythm sees Tok and thinks it's Tears of the Kingdom and boom.

Now you see the light, sheeople.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

The conspiracy theorist in me believes that they chose the Tears of the Kingdom name to feed the algorythm. People search for Tik Tok, the algorythm sees Tok and thinks it's Tears of the Kingdom and boom.

Now you see the light, sheeople.

Thou art a genius. I shall name thee The Supreme Overlord of Conspiracy Theories and shall bow down to thou genius.

I wonder if the name implies we'll have to mend the chunks of land that were torn off Hyrule, Star Fox Adventures-style?

Just a few thoughts on the name:

I'm wondering if there is a triple entendre here. Tears for the sadness that will obviously overtake Hyrule as Zelda is missing and whatever else calamity exists. Tears (as in paper tears) of the original Hyrule as its torn apart. And finally, tiers, as in multiple levels you'll be playing on, from the confirmed ground and sky to the unconfirmed but assumed underground sections.

I also wonder if we'll be collecting tears not just from various dungeons or shrines but from village folk. I could see part of the game doing various quests for and with certain villagers to retrieve their tears. This could mean overcoming personal tragedies or greater societal woes that each of them face.

Whether any of this is true, I'm just excited to see a firm release date. I don't anticipate, barring a global catastrophe, that this game will be delayed again. We are a go for May 12th.

Also, in regards to the TikTok marketing ploy, when I searcher for Zelda Tok and ZeldaTotK it returned Zelda Tic Toc videos. That's possibly a marketing backfire.

CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm wondering if there is a triple entendre here. Tears for the sadness that will obviously overtake Hyrule as Zelda is missing and whatever else calamity exists. Tears (as in paper tears) of the original Hyrule as its torn apart. And finally, tiers, as in multiple levels you'll be playing on, from the confirmed ground and sky to the unconfirmed but assumed underground sections.

I also wonder if we'll be collecting tears not just from various dungeons or shrines but from village folk. I could see part of the game doing various quests for and with certain villagers to retrieve their tears. This could mean overcoming personal tragedies or greater societal woes that each of them face.

Whether any of this is true, I'm just excited to see a firm release date. I don't anticipate, barring a global catastrophe, that this game will be delayed again. We are a go for May 12th.

Also, in regards to the TikTok marketing ploy, when I searcher for Zelda Tok and ZeldaTotK it returned Zelda Tic Toc videos. That's possibly a marketing backfire.

Not as badly as this did.

wow...please tell me that isn't real.  So much wrong with that photo.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

wow...please tell me that isn't real.  So much wrong with that photo.

It's real. -_-

Nothing really wrong with it. People just see racism in everything. If it was the other way around nobody would care.

CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

Not as badly as this did.

OMG I can't believe that is real. Hopefully some people got fired for that. Like did they do zero market testing on that?! Anyone would have been able to point out the obvious negative racial imagery of this.

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It's real. -_-

Nothing really wrong with it. People just see racism in everything. If it was the other way around nobody would care.

Yeah because black people didn't enslave white people for hundreds of years (or at all) lol

It has very obvious negative racial imagery that match up with what is one of the worst abuses of humanity in history. There is something very wrong with it. Yes it's just optics, I'm sure the people who came up with this didn't mean anything racist by it, but the fact that they didn't realize how bad this looks means they weren't thinking clearly. People see racism when the optics of something shouts racism! As this immediately does.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

Thing is it wouldn't be the other way around because the black PSP came first.

Well if Nintendo did it with the Wii then.

Anyway Its just a silly promotion. I dont think the guy would have a problem in that situation.

Slownenberg said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah because black people didn't enslave white people for hundreds of years (or at all) lol

It has very obvious negative racial imagery that match up with what is one of the worst abuses of humanity in history. There is something very wrong with it. Yes it's just optics, I'm sure the people who came up with this didn't mean anything racist by it, but the fact that they didn't realize how bad this looks means they weren't thinking clearly. People see racism when the optics of something shouts racism! As this immediately does.

They were thinking clearly. They werent thinking in colors. Which is what we all should strive for.