By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 112M, Sales Jump for PS5, XS, and NS - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Aug 21-27

Good sales all around, I wonder if 200k weekly will be the baseline for every console next year. When was the last time all the big 3 managed to sell 200k weekly ?

Around the Network

All 3 systems had a good week. Switch seems to have had an especially good week because Asia is preparing for Splatoon 3 release. I think Switch can likely get several 300k+ weeks in a row because of Splatoon 3.

Switch now less than 5 million from overtaking PS4.

PS5 still strong in Europe.

@The_Liquid_Laser Also, this was the week the Splatoon 3 Switch OLED released.

Around the Network

Switch coming for 120-125 million by end of December !!

Switch's YOY drop has shrunk from close to 30% in April down to almost 20% now.
Will be interesting to see where it ends up; the OLED arrived last October, but this year has a very strong lineup and healthy momentum.
The fabled cliff is turning out to be more of a natural slope.

curl-6 said:

Will be interesting to see where it ends up; the OLED arrived last October, but this year has a very strong lineup and healthy momentum.

And wasn’t that cliff supposed to happen in 2019? Causing the Switch to fail to hit a hundred million by quite a lot?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
curl-6 said:

And wasn’t that cliff supposed to happen in 2019? Causing the Switch to fail to hit a hundred million by quite a lot?

Quickrick's original cliff prediction that spawned the phrase was actually that the Switch sales would fall off a cliff in 2018 lmao

curl-6 said:

Last year had a pretty solid holiday lineup as well

2021 vs 2022

Metroid vs Bayonetta

Mario Party vs Mario+Rabbids

Diamond/Pearl vs Scarlet/Violet

Big Brain Academy vs surprise casual game??? (Maybe Style Savvy or Art Academy)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.