By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Lifetime Consoles Showdown: March 2024 (JAPAN)

Will the PS5 outsell PS4?

Yes 4 40.00%

No 6 60.00%

Total:10
DonFerrari said:

Yep, and PSVita if you from considering splits from Sony totals for all consoles using know quantities at that moment).

I trust VGChartz, Vita numbers should be anywhere between 15 and 16M.

PSP I remember only once where I've mentioned it (in terms of lifetime sales) and it was way before the announcement of 82.5M, I mention it that it should've reached 82M based on some calculations .. however I don't remember exactly what they were. PS2 for me is anywhere between 158M and 159M+ (under 160M)

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 20 December 2023

My sales comparison threads:

Ultimate Showdowns: JP 2023 / JP 2024 / 2024 / 2023 / 20222021

Lifetime Showdown / Historical Showdown / YOY Charts

Around the Network
XtremeBG said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep, and PSVita if you from considering splits from Sony totals for all consoles using know quantities at that moment).

I trust VGChartz, Vita numbers should be anywhere between 15 and 16M.

PSP I remember only once where I've mentioned it (in terms of lifetime sales) and it was way before the announcement of 82.5M, I mention it that it should've reached 82M based on some calculations .. however I don't remember exactly what they were. PS2 for me is anywhere between 158M and 159M+ (under 160M)

Yep all pretty reasonable numbers that should be very close to reality.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JAPAN numbers and charts have been updated with the month of December!

All comparisons and charts have been updated and adjusted with the month of December!

XBOX comparison table was changed with the XB1 numbers (instead of X360) as clearly this is the target for the XBSX now, not the 360 (of course the chart with 360 is still here).
PS4 lifetime numbers were slightly adjusted.

All data now is 100% accurate to VGCharts latest updates!

Some other charts I made recently:

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 29 March 2024

Around the Network

Hmm that will be like a ps2 repeat if PS5 outsells the switch.

BiON!@ 

All numbers have been updated and adjusted with the month of January!

All numbers have been updated with the month of February!

All JAPAN comparisons have been updated with the month of March! All comparisons have been adjusted too with the latest VGChartz data! New poll was added! Vote now. (results from previous one are in the bottom of the original post).

All of the comparisons including the ones in my previous threads were slightly changed (yes even those from 21 and 22 alongside adjustments there as well), to include new column about the month and the year (weekly ones with week and month). This is mostly because it's way more easier for me to adjust and even change (when needed) comparisons and data that way instead of the old one. The month, the year or the week is now only included in that first column.

Another change is the PS5 japan comparison is now vs the PS3 numbers instead of the PS4 (as the PS5 is performing better than PS4 for now, and of course the target for every console is always to perform better).

The Switch JAPAN comparison may soon (when the DS is passed) be changed to vs Wii+3DS (japan) since this is the next in line for Switch (which is around 37.5M. (the DS one I will still leave here, maybe in a spoiler tab since the post gets very big.

Last edited by XtremeBG - on 15 April 2024

As I have mentioned before I believe the PS5 will outsell the PS4 because the fanbase for playstation always has bought the playstation.

BiON!@