By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Persona 5 Royal on Nintendo Switch... Physical?

If there is a thread like this already, I apologize.

I thought with the announcement trailer, there was a blurb that hinted at a physical release for the Switch version of Persona 5 Royal. 

Does anybody know if that is still happening? Any estimates on when pre-orders would go up? After seeing other games get physical preorders (Dragon Quest Treasures, Harvestella, Sonic Frontiers, Nier Automata), I would have thought that they would have gone up for Persona by now. Is this indication that there won't be a retail release?

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

So far there hasn’t been anything in regards to pre-orders but Atlus’s website did indicate that P5R would get a physical release across all platforms except PC and Game Pass of course. But it was referenced that P4G and P3P would be digital only releases.

Highly doubt it. They will all be digital most likely. I have Persona 5 Royal on disc for PS4 so I'm good and I have Persona 4 G on Vita but man I want to see it physical on Switch as I want this but a Switch cart. I never played Persona 3 so I'd love to actually own it. I wanna see them in cart form like this

Last edited by Leynos - on 25 August 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Physical…
Olivia Newton John’s death was too soon :(

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

They confirmed 3 and 4 to be digital only. They would’ve done so for 5 if that was to be the case as well. It’s coming, preorders just aren’t live yet.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

I’m getting the three digitally, but it’ll probably be next year as I’m fairly packed for games this year thanks to some fairly big sales. Also, I still need to do Dragon Quest 11.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Leynos said:

Highly doubt it. They will all be digital most likely. I have Persona 5 Royal on disc for PS4 so I'm good and I have Persona 4 G on Vita but man I want to see it physical on Switch as I want this but a Switch cart. I never played Persona 3 so I'd love to actually own it. I wanna see them in cart form like this

P5R has been confirmed by Atlus to be physical, but the other 2 titles, digital only :(

Found this screenshot on Reddit from Atlus's website. 

It really should be. Persona 5 Royal (and the OG release) are the most popular Atlus games ever. And we're talking about a game that will be more than a few gigabytes. Royal is about 37 GB on PS4 before any DLC. The Switch version will probably be around 30 GB. Due to Switch only accepting microSD, the price per GB for storage is way higher than consoles that use HDD.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It's already up for pre-order in Japan. I'm sure it will come soon.

I am honestly expecting a special pack with the three games and some merchandising, and only P4 and P5 getting a retail release. I don't think P3 is popular enough for a retail release.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.