By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo 2022 OpenCritic Prediction League (XL)

I'm going to change my Pokemon prediction to 86!

Around the Network

My official prediction for the Pokemon Scarlet/whatever is 81

Edit: TOTK will be 93, Metroid Prime 4 will be 88, and Mario Odyssey 2 will be 97

Last edited by SuperJortendo - on 07 November 2022

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Hehehe, looks like I could win this in total points.

Scarlet and Violet is currently sitting at 76 on Opencritic, making them the lowest mainline Pokémon games. Will definitely move a few points as it only has 25 reviews, but for now it seems my prediction of 78 is closest since it was apparently the lowest. Yay for pessimism I guess?

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

I was expecting a bit higher for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet since Arceus reviewed pretty well. Oh well.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

I think this should just be for this year and a new prediction league for next year's games.

Good idea.

But just in case the OP wants to carry it on into next year, I'd like to increase by The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom prediction from 95 to 97.

--

Btw, thank you for carrying on and updating the thread Doc! Wish I'd noticed sooner - I missed a bunch of recent releases :(

For all stating that next year's predictions should be separate, they will be. I won't be adding onto this thread. When the original thread was released those games were slated for 2022. I will take those scores into the next thread though, which I'll be starting soon.

Anyway, I increased my score for Pokemon hoping to beat kakadu as a hail mary and I chose the wrong direction lol.

77 now for Pokémon.

Should I crawl in a pit somewhere knowing I got presently the lowest average in points xD

I don't even think my predictions weren't so far from reality appart from two predictions I wouldn't 've guessed could go this wrong. Doesn't seem like Pokémon S/V will help me either lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

We're still missing that final tally for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to get the final scores, but since it ended up on 72 there won't be a lot of points in it for most. Giving it a quick look it seems Kakadu will remain the winner with NobleTeam as runner up in terms of total points.

Also for anyone interested I made a Multiplatform OpenCritic Prediction League for this year with games like Resident Evil 4, Hogwarts Legacy, Octopath Traveler II etc.

@Doctor_MG Are you also planning a new thread for this year? (I suppose there's no rush since we don't know about that many new games yet, but still good to know)

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat