By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Sales Update: (To 30th June 2022) Switch at 111.08m shipped

Torpoleon said:

I also forgot Splatoon 3. That game should also hit 10 million. Specifically, I could see it hitting 11-12 million worldwide (compared to Splatoon 2 probably ending around 16-17 million). I doubt Splatoon 3 will reach 10 million by the end of 2022 though (guessing it will be around 7 million by the end of 2022 though.

Splatoon 2 is not going to sell another 3-4mil after the sequel releases. Even without the sequel it probably wouldn't.

Around the Network

The entire Switch top ten being over 14 million and the top six being over 20 million is just bananas.
By the end of it's life, the top four could all be over 30 million too.

@Kakaku18 Yeah, you're probably right. That might've been a bit too optimistic. Maybe 15-16 is a bit more reasonable. 15m might even be too high, honestly.

@curl-6 Odyssey could potentially even squeeze into the 30 million club at the end. Would be great to see it outsell NSMB & NSMB Wii. Maybe BOTW 2 could land in the 30 million club as well. I imagine it will definitely at least be over 20m. Would say minimum 25 million. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) doesn't look like SWSH or SV will be in the 30 million club. Probably maximum 28 million.

curl-6 said:

The entire Switch top ten being over 14 million and the top six being over 20 million is just bananas.
By the end of it's life, the top four could all be over 30 million too.

I think Smash Ultimate will reach 30mil this year and BotW early next year.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
ShadowLink93 said:

Switch Top 30 as of 30th June, 2022

I suppose this is the top 30 Switch games given the third party data that we have.  I strongly suspect that Minecraft and several Just Dance games would actually fit into the top 30 if we had the numbers.

Yeah Official data only, Minecraft has probably sold 20 million on switch but we will never know.

Around the Network

The tie Ratio was 12.07 last quarter and the overall tie ratio rose to 7.77. It won't be long before it exceeds 8.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 10 August 2022

Looking at the attach rates of other Nintendo systems, which are overall higher for their consoles than for their portables, Switch is behaving more like a console in this regard; its attach rate is already above any of their handhelds.