By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Reviews: 89 Metacritic/ 88 Opencritic

super_etecoon said:

That's what I'm hearing.  I've really just been hoping to start fresh with Xeno X on the Switch as I don't really play my WiiU anymore.  I'm guessing I'll be heading back to Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.  I hear these are pretty massive commitments, so maybe in a few years I'll finally get to the third game.

If you can, I would really recommend playing 1 & 2 first.

If Monolith Soft it's going to release Xenoblade X on Switch, they would wait to the Trilogy to be released first. So there's still hope.

Around the Network

Gonna replay the first two games first since I don't have the money at the ready to buy XC3 right now anyway.

89 meta, lets go!

eddy7eddy said:
super_etecoon said:

That's what I'm hearing.  I've really just been hoping to start fresh with Xeno X on the Switch as I don't really play my WiiU anymore.  I'm guessing I'll be heading back to Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.  I hear these are pretty massive commitments, so maybe in a few years I'll finally get to the third game.

If you can, I would really recommend playing 1 & 2 first.

If Monolith Soft it's going to release Xenoblade X on Switch, they would wait to the Trilogy to be released first. So there's still hope.

Xenoblade 3 is two days away from release. There's not much point in going through the other two games now, you may as well just play Xenoblade 3 first. It's also not exactly cheap or easy to get copies of older Xenoblade games, so you should always buy them while they're relevant.

Mar1217 said:
Shaunodon said:

Xenoblade 3 is two days away from release. There's not much point in going through the other two games now, you may as well just play Xenoblade 3 first. It's also not exactly cheap or easy to get copies of older Xenoblade games, so you should always buy them while they're relevant.

On that topic, 

XC DE being more recent of all those games does have the lowest price you can find on the internet. It's still findable physically at around 30-40 bucks in some places.

XC2 and Torna on the other hand. You'd have better chance asking or looking for reprints (which are being done ATM in Canada) if you want a fair price.

Hopefully Xenoblade 3 will make the series popular enough to force reprints. You probably shouldn't hope for reprints of Torna*, as that was always a very niche release even for fans.

*Edit: I didn't realise the series was that popular in Canada. Are those copies of Torna actually offficial?

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 26 July 2022

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Leynos said:

X is unrelated to the othe rgames. You can play 3 without the other 2 games. Might get more out of it if you played 1-2.

If you really want to restart Xenoblade X, just start a new game with Wii U. I had about 70-80 hours on my original save, but after years of inactivity I wanted to start fresh, so I did. If you've left it for that long, it'll be too bewildering to just pick it back up in the middle.

It's the one game I still haven't finished, but I've made more progress than my previous playthrough. Mostly I just enjoy all the side quests and random citizens of NLA, moreso than the actual story.

If they do re-release Xenoblade X eventually, I'm really hoping it's for their next system. Playing it now on Wii U, the core design is still impressive, but the lack of visual clarity stands out. With enough visual improvements the game could still look amazing again, but it won't be able to achieve that on current Switch.

Regarding physical copies: I’m all digital on the Switch. I know it’s terrible to hear, but I just love switching between games. Was hoping for a sale on the first two at release of XC3, but that doesn’t seem to be happening.

Xenoblade 3 has a great start! Reminds me of the fun of Xeno1. Hope it holds up, I usually find myself bored after the 30 hour mark. I'm not made for games that are over 30 hours long.

Can't wait! Xenoblade is sat only behind Zelda in my favourite gaming franchises. Monolith are masters of world building and immersion.

super_etecoon said:

This game has got me hyped. Unfortunately I’ve only played about half of Xeno X. Should I just start my journey now with the first title or skip to 3?

Just watch a recap video and call it a day.