By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Reviews: 89 Metacritic/ 88 Opencritic

"Oh sorry, your favourite game didn't have specific flutes made from scratch just to perform the soundtrack? Must be pretty shit."

This is a new level in terms of 'attention to detail'.

In the next Doom I need Mick Gordon to perform guitar riffs in the middle of an active warzone, otherwise it won't meet my new standard for immersion.

Around the Network

Can we just rename this thread for the Xenoblade Series don't really want to bump the old thread from a while back. 

So far the game is smooth it does throw a lot at you early on and is quicker off the mark than all the prior games. Music is on point and all characters being present removes a key gripe in rpgs where you have characters who are unused it also has the subtle affect of making it feel everyone is a part of the journey in the story not just 3 or 4 characters with cut scene cameos of everyone else. 

So far the game is better paced than the others, tutorials do just pop up though, all characters make the party a mini army but the game is balanced to deal with that. 

I think this game so far has been 

No words for the climax of Chapter 1. I thought the first confrontation with Metal Face and the Mechon was good enough but Barney the Dinosaur blows everything out of the water. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mar1217 said:

Hmmm ... Is it just me or Monolith Soft willingly designed Chapter 3 for players not to advance the story and do the exploring of the huge regions it opens and it's sidequesting instead ?

Now I understand why I heard why some people needed 20-30 hours to go through Chapter 3 lol.
Also discovered a Colony early out of nowhere xD

Each Xenoblade game has a chapter like that to get the player used to looking around although the third game has it on a much bigger scale.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Well I'd say it's different not just on the sense of the scale. No other games in the series truly went out of it's way during the main story to litteraly tell you to "get lost and go help the Colonies". They always opened up yeah, but there's only Torna the Golden Country and X(for obvious reasons) which I felt like this before.

It's not a bad thing though. The exploration is hella fun ! And the sidequests in this one is much more integrate to your party than before. Your party actively participates on the dialogue and I've seen quite the share of golden scenes already early on. 

Yeah that is true the game is more open in its structure to the point sidequest events are literally scatter about in your path no matter where you may go.