By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody stopped double dipping this year because food and gas prices skyrocketed?

I only ever double dipped on games if I thought they might be worth something in the future. To keep one, open and play, and keep the other sealed. For example, I bought Zelda BOTW on Wii U to keep sealed and bought the switch version to play.

Around the Network

I don't think I've ever double-dipped. To me, it never made much sense because I'm a collector. Why do I need another copy? I already own a copy. And plus, I'm the type of person that wants to play games the way they were when they launched. I don't want to play a modern re-visioning of them. So there was just never a need for me.

Only $4 for a salad bowl?

Be lucky to get one here for $8-$10 USD ($13-$15 AUD)

Well, you gotta be a double dipper to begin with, which I'm not. There's also the fact that I'm selective with what I like so I can go sometimes 2-3 months without buying any game.
Though, this month for example, I'm going to make 3 purchases. Though seemingly the next one won't be before October or such. So it spaces out pretty conveniently.

But yeah, inflation on prices for foods made my food budget raise a bit enough. Though, I was always a budgetarian so I never went to spend much on stuff outside of my tennis, video games, etc ... So I do be lucky being able to spare a part of my cash to play games I want.

It also helps that my backlog is increasing so I could prolly easily go through a drought where I can't buy new games for a year or so atm.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I never double dip. Even my favorite games often don't get a 2nd playthrough, so I would have no reason to buy again.

Most recent "double dip" was spyro reignited trilogy. But it was a different enough experience and has been 20+ years since last played.

Around the Network

I had to stop buying 40-million-dollar houses because my milk went up a dollar and a half.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

No, I dont need a car because I work 5 minutes walking from home.

Also I barely need to buy food, as my job provides it, I also do not pay bills such as gas and electricity as my work pays. I do not see anything different, besides more expensive games this gen, which means I wait longer for sales and second hand market.

I generally double dip when I lost access for a game, either because the physical media degraded or because the hardware is no longer able to play them but this take a while to happen, something like once in 10 years or even more. I've bought many PS/PS2 titles on Switch/PS4 because of that

Other than that I can double dip when definitive editions came out. Something like Pokemon Platinum vs Pokemon D/P.

With that in in mind prices are scaling up fast in Brazil. Food is costing around 40% more a month than 3 years ago. Gas is up over 60%, paid services are all increasing as well, electricity, water. Eletronic prices went crazy, laptops that used to be 3000 BRL are now costing over 5000. Seems like we've regressed to the 90s levels of purchasing power in just 4 years. Taxes still crazy high, next year people who have 1.5x times minimum wages will start to have their paychecks taxed

I've been more conscious with my gaming purchases because I'm feeling every month I'm having less and less money left to spend

IcaroRibeiro said:

I generally double dip when I lost access for a game, either because the physical media degraded or because the hardware is no longer able to play them but this take a while to happen, something like once in 10 years or even more. I've bought many PS/PS2 titles on Switch/PS4 because of that

Other than that I can double dip when definitive editions came out. Something like Pokemon Platinum vs Pokemon D/P.

With that in in mind prices are scaling up fast in Brazil. Food is costing around 40% more a month than 3 years ago. Gas is up over 60%, paid services are all increasing as well, electricity, water. Eletronic prices went crazy, laptops that used to be 3000 BRL are now costing over 5000. Seems like we've regressed to the 90s levels of purchasing power in just 4 years. Taxes still crazy high, next year people who have 1.5x times minimum wages will start to have their paychecks taxed

I've been more conscious with my gaming purchases because I'm feeling every month I'm having less and less money left to spend

This is super scary, Brazil is already high enough on game prices but the rest of the economy? Hope the rest of the 3rd world countries like Honduras don't get hit this hard.

Guess which version of Hatsune Miku this is? She has my Birth stone color turqoise in her eyes, And I'm most honest Sega Saturn lover alltime.Picture far right is Sega first Real Mascot. Represents my birth animal the helpful Bunny want you to find his name.My ruling Planet is Saturn if connect the Birth month I was born and year.

I don't buy multiple copies of the same game. But I often buy games that I will never take time to play.
Interesting concepts and series that I have liked in the past. I like games and wish for the gaming industry to thrive. My sad truth is rather that I enjoy playing older games that I already finished a couple of times more than the new ones.
i could stop spending money on games tomorrow and still have enough to play for a lifetime.