By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anybody stopped double dipping this year because food and gas prices skyrocketed?

The last game I bought for the multiple time was Mario 64 when I bought the Super Mario 3D All Stars. I'll probably resist buying The Last of Us part 1 remake and wait a year or so for it to hit Playstation plus extra.

Around the Network

I don't buy nearly as many games as I used to. Let alone double dip. Thanks to Game Pass ( I use MS Rewards to 'pay' for it) I have more than enough to keep me busy.

Tiny Tina is 1 of only 2 games I've bought this year and that was at a discounted price, as Borderlands is a series I play with my girlfriend. The other game was Horizon Zero Dawn on PC for half off.

I don't make that much money so I am self conscious on how much I spend.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I don't double dip unless I can get one or both games at a decent discount I never spend full retail price for the same game twice.

I don't think I ever properly double dipped.
I have bought twice by mistake, and have bought for remaster/remake. But otherwise I won't buy for different system at the same time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Darwinianevolution said:

Why would you buy more than one copy of a game you already have?

Besides using the different strokes for different folks analogy for why some people do what they do, the only other reason that I can think of is if your a collector who buys and keeps the Collectors/ Limited Editions untouched and then buys the standard game to play.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 21 July 2022

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Inflation or not, why would you buy multiple copies of the same game? Waste of money. Just buy one copy, play the crap out of it and move on the next game. Too many games in the world to just keep grinding the same one over and over.

Dante9 said:

Inflation or not, why would you buy multiple copies of the same game? Waste of money. Just buy one copy, play the crap out of it and move on the next game. Too many games in the world to just keep grinding the same one over and over.

For Leaderboards, if the leaderboards are not crossplay and other is I like showboating my mad skills like I'm the only Soul Calibur 6 player on PS4 and Xbox One who does massive wall combo's that makes the lobbies kick you thinking I'm super human since not even tournament players can pull the things I do. ( no crossplay ) if it doesnt lag. And other games my combo's pull insane stuff 300 IQ but my actual IQ is 117 but its my learning curve that is insane high and my incredible dexterity that I can pull those off including other fighting games. and other genres that reward high thinking. I self teach myself I'm a bonafide inventor in speedrun paths or combos.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 22 July 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

Edit my reply above few

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life. The reason I'm chaotic to few 3rd party developers is because I'm protecting Sega and also I lack skill to get really hot girl I really want. also few devs deserve it for making bad game's personal experiences, looking at Ghost Blade HD the shmup or Fighting EX Layer. My standards are too high for genres I play. KOF 13 > Fighting EX layer gameplay.

I never did.

Surprised no one mentioned they double dipped on a digital version for a couple of bucks for convenience when they already own a physical version.