By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year (So Far)

So my GotY so far is Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Unless Bayonetta 3 turns out to be especially fucking amazing, it will probably be my GOTY.

Around the Network

After going through and playing a bunch more games I have returned to Elden Ring and I genuinely doubt any game will best that for years. If for some reason God of War Ragnarok bests it, I'll be astounded (And it'll make for the best 1-2 punch in any single year, besting even 2017's pair of Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey).

Played a lot of great games, though. Shredder's Revenge was probably the most pleasant surprise.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Updated list (In chronological order of completion):

9.3/10 * Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (PS5)
9.4/10 * It Takes Two (PS5)
9.7/10 * The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS5)
6.8/10 * A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5
7.7/10 * A Way out
9.7/10 * Elden Ring (PS5)
5.0/10 * My Name Is Mayo
5.1/10 * My Name is Mayo 2
7.2/10 * New Super Lucky's Tale
4.5/10 * FoxyLand
4.7/10 * FoxyLand 2
6.4/10 * MetaGal
5.2/10 * Micetopia
0.5/10 * The Jumping Burger
0.5/10 * The Jumping Burger (PS5)
5.2/10 * My Name is Mayo 3
9.0/10 * Kaze and the Wild Masks
8.4/10 * Overcooked! All you Can Eat (PS5)
0.5/10 * The Jumping Fries
0.5/10 * The Jumping Fries (PS5)
6.0/10 * Black Wolf
6.0/10 * Black Wolf (PS5)
9.4/10 * Cuphead and the Delicious Last Course
6.8/10 * Krut: The Mythic Wings (PS5)
8.9/10 * Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesL Shredder's Revenge

Currently Working on (And plan on getting platinum trophies):

CrossCode (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)
Stray (PS5)
Untitled Goose Game (PS4)
Webbed (PS4)

*=Platinum Achieved

Not gonna lie I do NOT feel good about those cheap 'bought platinums'. Saw "My Name is Mayo" on sale one day, heard about how it's a silly insta-platinum, decided 'eh, why not', had a good time for how dumb it was, then spent like 20 bucks getting all those other ones where you basically just press a few buttons and get the platinum. It was kind of novelty for a week or two, but now I'm seeing like 4 of them release every day on PSN and I just can't buy into that. I only want to get platinum trophies on games I like or it comes naturally. Not bought. if I could delete them I would (Can't if you've actually achieved any trophies)

Last edited by Runa216 - on 07 August 2022

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

I'll be incredibly boring on this one and say Elden Ring. Didn't really play a lot of games that came out this year

derpysquirtle64 said:

I'll be incredibly boring on this one and say Elden Ring. Didn't really play a lot of games that came out this year

Well I mean, there's a reason it's so popular and successful...it's almost like it's a genuinely great game and delivered beyond expectations. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

Elden Ring would be perfect on the Switch.

crankberryjoos said:

There's this thing called Steam Deck...

Seriously though, I can't imagine playing ER on a handheld, but that's just me and my dislike of small screens. I do think Switch version would be interesting to see, though From couldn't even manage to run ER at 30fps on Xbox One, so Switch would be quite a challenge for them.

crankberryjoos said:

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Runa216 said:

Updated list (In chronological order of completion):

9.3/10 * Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut (PS5)
9.4/10 * It Takes Two (PS5)
9.7/10 * The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS5)
6.8/10 * A Plague Tale: Innocence (PS5
7.7/10 * A Way out
9.7/10 * Elden Ring (PS5)
5.0/10 * My Name Is Mayo
5.1/10 * My Name is Mayo 2
7.2/10 * New Super Lucky's Tale
4.5/10 * FoxyLand
4.7/10 * FoxyLand 2
6.4/10 * MetaGal
5.2/10 * Micetopia
0.5/10 * The Jumping Burger
0.5/10 * The Jumping Burger (PS5)
5.2/10 * My Name is Mayo 3
9.0/10 * Kaze and the Wild Masks
8.4/10 * Overcooked! All you Can Eat (PS5)
0.5/10 * The Jumping Fries
0.5/10 * The Jumping Fries (PS5)
6.0/10 * Black Wolf
6.0/10 * Black Wolf (PS5)
9.4/10 * Cuphead and the Delicious Last Course
6.8/10 * Krut: The Mythic Wings (PS5)
8.9/10 * Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesL Shredder's Revenge

Currently Working on (And plan on getting platinum trophies):

CrossCode (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS4)
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)
Stray (PS5)
Untitled Goose Game (PS4)
Webbed (PS4)

*=Platinum Achieved

Not gonna lie I do NOT feel good about those cheap 'bought platinums'. Saw "My Name is Mayo" on sale one day, heard about how it's a silly insta-platinum, decided 'eh, why not', had a good time for how dumb it was, then spent like 20 bucks getting all those other ones where you basically just press a few buttons and get the platinum. It was kind of novelty for a week or two, but now I'm seeing like 4 of them release every day on PSN and I just can't buy into that. I only want to get platinum trophies on games I like or it comes naturally. Not bought. if I could delete them I would (Can't if you've actually achieved any trophies)

I was about to give you the benefit of the doubt with the Foxy land games since we all make mistakes and later games can be better, but I can't trust the gaming opinions of anyone who follows up Mayo with the rest of the series, now like I said in reference to Foxy land an occasional mistake doesn't render ones opinion null and void but in  the Mayo case insanity does.???

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:

I was about to give you the benefit of the doubt with the Foxy land games since we all make mistakes and later games can be better, but I can't trust the gaming opinions of anyone who follows up Mayo with the rest of the series, now like I said in reference to Foxy land an occasional mistake doesn't render ones opinion null and void but in  the Mayo case insanity does.😜😁😎

In my defense, I'm a furry and I actually enjoyed playing FoxyLand and Black Wolf. So while the plats were a joke there, I bought those games for the actual gameplay. 

My Name is Mayo I got as a joke because I kept hearing about how hilariously bad it is/was, and since I got the first two at the same time, I couldn't NOT get part 3! 

The Jumping Burger/Fries, I didn't realize we were on a cusp of Platinum-for-sale games. I had my trolly meme fun, I'm done with that crap. Especially since it feels like I can't log onto PS Store without seeing 10 new Trophy-Microtransaction games. Because that's what they are. They're microtransactions where you buy trophies. simple as that. 

And come on, most of the list is pretty big or involving or difficult games. I got the cuphead platinum trophy, bro! cut me some slack! yeah that's right, I'm flashing my e-peen, how many of YOU got the cuphead trophy?! (It wasn't that hard, actually. required some effort and persistence but it genuinely wasn't one of the hardest or most time-consuming plats I ever got.) 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX