By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo's Success Is Your Greatest Enemy!

You think they care about you? You think your name shows up when they sit down and do their jobs? No, no it does not. The bigger and more successful a company gets, the more they are your enemy!

No written version, it's a discussion video! And though it may fall on some deaf ears, here's hoping at least one person decides it's not worth simping for a big company... ever.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

I would have to respectfully disagree; the more successful the Switch becomes, the more games it gets, which benefits me as a player.

My favourite Nintendo consoles were all successful ones; SNES, Wii, Switch.

That said, I wouldn't say I "simp" for them, more that I am currently a satisfied customer.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 01 July 2022

My enemy? The fuck are they going to do to me? Is Furukawa going to come to my house and bitch slap me? If they make stuff I like, I'll continue to buy it. If they don't I'll stop.

They are if they don't give me a Bayonetta 3 release date soon.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The same goes for all consoles and gaming companies these days.
The days where success only leads to good things like with the NES, MegaDrive, SNES and PS1 are gone. Today the trade-off is that success leads to more games but also more risk for anti-customer practices.
There isn't much to do about it because it's a symptom of the fact that the gaming industry just sucks these days. And that is a symptom of the even larger problem that all industries just suck these days, because big countries let their corporations run amok.

But since success also increases the probability of Nintendo surviving as a console maker, until possibly better times. The only thing I'll do is shrug.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I thought about being upset, but then I remembered that these are videogames, none of this is life or death, and there is way more messed up stuff going on in the world than this. I couldn't care less if Nintendo "cares" about me or not. They make games. I buy their games because they are fun, not because they make the world a better place or something.

When Nintendo stops making fun games, I'll stop buying them, that's how this works.  And by fun I mean fun to ME, not you or anyone else.  People get way too emotionally attached in this hobby I swear...

Last edited by Paperboy_J - on 01 July 2022

When Wii U was failing, and everyone was griping about the weak release schedule; I was enjoying the quality of game releases over the quantity. I bought more games for Wii U than any except the original Xbox (which was in the same situation). Those 1st party releases were like life and death to the publisher and so they were constantly trying for home runs. Good times for me.

The NES, SNES, and XBOX 360 are the the only successful consoles I’ve ever truly enjoyed

Looking back over all my favourite consoles from all manufacturers, not just Nintendo, the vast majority are the successful ones, like the Xbox 360 and PS1.

Not only do consoles that sell well generally attract more third party support, but the reason they sell well in the first place is generally because they offer a robust library of games.

Do companies sometimes get arrogant when they're wildly successful? Yes, indeed they can, but for the most part I find that high selling platforms simply offer more worthwhile software than low selling ones.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 July 2022

I understand what you try to say, but calling Nintendo an enemy is something... out of context.

While Nintendo have more success is possible that it becomes more greedy and having more anti-consumist politics... But by other way, this will make Nintendo make more desirable and quality games that only they can do... I believe it should be a balance between these.

Without Nintendo being successful they would cease to exist. I'd rather have some rather lame business decisions that are relatively annoying than not have any of the games that they've made in the last six years.