By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've heard stories of Eldin Ring being Glitchy like alot and it released more broken and it metacritic 98 at launch

I put 118 hours into Elden, I didn't have much issues with glitches, other than summoning is still iffy. Only issue I had was with lazy design. Repetitive caves, catacombs and bosses.

Around the Network

+400h, no major glitches, playing since first patch.

No glitch here as well, do not even know how many hours I spent but it was a lot on my first play through as I pretty much tried to get everything, kill every boss etc.

Glitches or cheesing the game is part of the Souls series. Some games get berated for being able to abuse path finding AI and other things to cheese encounters, for some reason Souls games are praised for them. No shortage of speed run videos using glitches in the game design / coding.

You get a boss 'stuck' on scenery in Horizon -> bad coding terrible AI. In a Souls game -> how clever, another method for speed running.

I haven't actually played Elden Ring yet. My son has been playing it and decided to start over. He ran in the exact same problem as me in my first Souls game. Leveled the wrong stats not knowing what things are for or what is important and by the time he figured out what stats he actually needs, the runes requirement to level up further was already too high. Dunno if you can reset stats in Elden Ring, you could in some of the previous games but also easily missed. So he has resorted to you tube guides as the game doesn't explain itself and now running around with cheese items.

As for how it runs in his eyes, perfectly smooth on ps5, looks gorgeous. He's playing on a 1080p tv so I assume it's a locked 60fps there. No crashes, runs great.

SvennoJ said:

Glitches or cheesing the game is part of the Souls series. Some games get berated for being able to abuse path finding AI and other things to cheese encounters, for some reason Souls games are praised for them. No shortage of speed run videos using glitches in the game design / coding.

You get a boss 'stuck' on scenery in Horizon -> bad coding terrible AI. In a Souls game -> how clever, another method for speed running.

I haven't actually played Elden Ring yet. My son has been playing it and decided to start over. He ran in the exact same problem as me in my first Souls game. Leveled the wrong stats not knowing what things are for or what is important and by the time he figured out what stats he actually needs, the runes requirement to level up further was already too high. Dunno if you can reset stats in Elden Ring, you could in some of the previous games but also easily missed. So he has resorted to you tube guides as the game doesn't explain itself and now running around with cheese items.

As for how it runs in his eyes, perfectly smooth on ps5, looks gorgeous. He's playing on a 1080p tv so I assume it's a locked 60fps there. No crashes, runs great.

Yes you can restat quite easily and multiple times,

Spoiler!
Raya Lucaria

Around the Network

100 hours of gameplay and only come across one almost game-breaking bug with Ranni's quest chain. I missed a part of a quest and the certain NPC's weren't available in certain spots unless you did them in one order. Thankfully you could continue the chain by killing a certain boss.

Apart from that no major bugs or glitches encountered. I did glitch out and cheese Mohg though, with the running wall jump exploit. I cba'd that one lol.

Still an amazing game and released in relatively polished state among most big AAA RPG's releases.

Yes, there are some glitches, but I can deal with them just fine. The horrible performance -low framerates, stutters, framepacing issues, and From's refusal to ever patch their games is what bothers me about this game.

I've played about 130 hours. I only remember one technical problem the whole time. There is one area that is a citywide Evergaol. I once had the game really slow down here seemingly out of no where, and I had trouble interacting with items like ladders. I turned off my PS4 and came back to it several hours later and it worked fine. Maybe I had my PS4 on a long time? I don't know. That is the only technical problem I had though.

I also have to say that Elden Ring is a really ambitious game, and it may be that the devs bit off just slightly more than they could chew. Personally, I think this is a good thing. There are plenty of games out there that are very polished but also seem kind of boring to me, because they feel so much like what has come before. I would rather play a game that is trying to push beyond what has come before even if it has some minor technical or balancing issues. It is extremely rare when a game tries to do something entirely new while also being extremely polished. Elden Ring is not ripe with bugs and technical issues (like say Cyberpunk 2077), however it isn't perfect and it also has some minor balancing issues. Don't let that keep you from trying one of the most amazing games that has come out in a long while.

Chrkeller said:
SvennoJ said:

Yes you can restat quite easily and multiple times,

Spoiler!
Raya Lucaria

Ah, he did know about it but says he doesn't have the item required to restat. He started over anyway and is already back to where he was after following a you tube guide to an op sword, easily killing what took a lot of effort before.

It's uncanny how much his experience is similar to mine with Dark Souls. I got myself leveled into a corner there too, restarted after 20+ hours, and was back to where I was in a bit over an hour after suicide run snatching some sword from a dragon reachable with a starter key item.

As said by Sven... for From Software games it seems like the shortcomings that would be trashed in other games are almost welcome and praised on their games and they won't damage the score or sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."