By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've heard stories of Eldin Ring being Glitchy like alot and it released more broken and it metacritic 98 at launch

Machiavellian said:
Chrkeller said:

Correct.  More isn't better.  Elden suffers from being forced to be huge via lazy repetitive design.  Game would have been better with less.  Quality will always trump quantity for me.

A bigger pizza isn't automatically better than a smaller pizza.  

*I have no issue with 10 hour games, not if they are quality 

The thing is Elden Ring does not suffer from its design.  Let's just say that the game is not for you.  No matter how high a game rate there will always be people who do ngeot l with a game.  After playing and beating the game multiple time it was well worth my money which is all that matters to me.  No, the game isn't close to being perfect but does it get a lot of things right which is why it's well loved by a lot of gamers.

Elden Ring is a big toolbox for you to play in.  Some people like that some do not.  Would I like all From software to ma ake all their games like Elden Ring, nope.  Even the Dark Souls should stay how they are constructed, and Elden Ring continue to be what it is.

I disagree, it does suffer from it's design.  It is designed as having repetitive catacombs and repetitive caves with repetitive bosses.  

And I 'get' the game just fine.  From is my 2nd favorite developer and I have beaten every Souls game, including BB, at least half a dozen times.  Elden, IMHO, is a good game, but far from great.  A major change, again IMHO, that would have made the game better is fewer catacombs but better designed catacombs with original bosses.  

And to be clear I liked Elden, 8/10, I just didn't love it.  Thus I stand by my opinion.  Especially since I enjoy open world games.  I thought BotW and Horizon Forbidden West (both) did open world better than Elden.  

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Machiavellian said:

The thing is Elden Ring does not suffer from its design.  Let's just say that the game is not for you.  No matter how high a game rate there will always be people who do ngeot l with a game.  After playing and beating the game multiple time it was well worth my money which is all that matters to me.  No, the game isn't close to being perfect but does it get a lot of things right which is why it's well loved by a lot of gamers.

Elden Ring is a big toolbox for you to play in.  Some people like that some do not.  Would I like all From software to ma ake all their games like Elden Ring, nope.  Even the Dark Souls should stay how they are constructed, and Elden Ring continue to be what it is.

I disagree, it does suffer from it's design.  It is designed as having repetitive catacombs and repetitive caves with repetitive bosses.  

And I 'get' the game just fine.  From is my 2nd favorite developer and I have beaten every Souls game, including BB, at least half a dozen times.  Elden, IMHO, is a good game, but far from great.  A major change, again IMHO, that would have made the game better is fewer catacombs but better designed catacombs with original bosses.  

And to be clear I liked Elden, 8/10, I just didn't love it.  Thus I stand by my opinion.  Especially since I enjoy open world games.  I thought BotW and Horizon Forbidden West (both) did open world better than Elden.  

As for BoTW and Forbidden West, I actually grew bored of both games before I got to the end and struggled to finish them compared to Elden Ring.  As I stated to each their own.  I am not saying that Elden Ring is a great game for you, I am disputing your assumption that it can be a great experience for others.  You make claims as if the things you found lacking in the game is shared by all but its pretty much not the case. Reviews are not facts they are just another person opinion and while I understand your point, I believe From found a nice balance between their player base and people new to their games.  Its the reason why its selling way better than the Souls game because it does more right than it misses.

Machiavellian said:
Chrkeller said:

As for BoTW and Forbidden West, I actually grew bored of both games before I got to the end and struggled to finish them compared to Elden Ring.  As I stated to each their own.  I am not saying that Elden Ring is a great game for you, I am disputing your assumption that it can be a great experience for others.  You make claims as if the things you found lacking in the game is shared by all but its pretty much not the case. Reviews are not facts they are just another person opinion and while I understand your point, I believe From found a nice balance between their player base and people new to their games.  Its the reason why its selling way better than the Souls game because it does more right than it misses.

Not sure when I ever disputed others can't enjoy it.  My opinions are my own.  What other people enjoy is completely subjective.  I have no issues if somebody thinks the world of Elden Ring.  My intent was never to imply it was repetitive for all.  My intent was to share my personal view, nothing more.

Elden was balanced well, much easier than other souls games, especially with the summon ashes.