By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UPDATE: 6 minutes of SONIC FRONTIERS Combat gameplay

Last edited by Xxain - on 04 June 2022

Around the Network

Ermmm, I hate Sonic Team...

Like this is just not sonic lol. They really tried to rip off BOTW.

The Sonic twitter + the films have outlined a really decent identity from them to just build on, but they're still freestyling it with every game. Gameplay looks like a solid return to full 3D. 

Last edited by Otter - on 31 May 2022

This looks really good.

Don't fuck this up please.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It still looks like a clashing of styles. Like those horrid fan putting Sonic or Mario in a UE4 realistic environment. It doesn't say Sonic. It says we inserted Sonic in another game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

- Piano
- Green open-world
- Mechas

Fur of the Wild.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

It still looks like a clashing of styles. Like those horrid fan putting Sonic or Mario in a UE4 realistic environment. It doesn't say Sonic. It says we inserted Sonic in another game.

Then you must hate Super Smash Bros.

Shitty take. Smash has a cohesive art style and is a crossover. Sonic Frontiers lacks cohesion.

Hey look more Sonic Frontiers!

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 May 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It doesn't look promising.
I hope that should this game be just as bad as most other Sonic games in the last 20 years that they fire the entire management of Sonic Team.

I'm not a fan of Sonic games. Even the original, the very first Sonic game I just can't stand.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

It doesn't look promising.
I hope that should this game be just as bad as most other Sonic games in the last 20 years that they fire the entire management of Sonic Team.

I'm not a fan of Sonic games. Even the original, the very first Sonic game I just can't stand.

Well then why should YOU have a say in who's the management of Sonic Team? XD

Because most of their games weren't well received and didn't sell well.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Because most of their games weren't well received and didn't sell well.

But this is still coming from a guy who never even liked the first Sonic, which DID sell well, and was made by Sonic Team.

What's your point? They failed making an appealing product in ages with the exception of Sonic Colours. The best Sonic game in the last 10 years was made by someone else. If this game isn't any better than why should they not do something about how the studio is managed?

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 31 May 2022