By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UPDATE: 6 minutes of SONIC FRONTIERS Combat gameplay

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

What's your point? They failed making an appealing product in ages with the exception of Sonic Colours. The best Sonic game in the last 10 years was made by someone else. If this game isn't any better than why should they not do something about how the studio is managed?

It's just ridiculous to give someone a say in this matter when that someone never even liked Sonic in the first place. Bad Sonic games aside, nothing Sonic Team did even in their golden days would make you like Sonic. That's like if Nintendo hired someone who hates Mario to make a Mario game.

I think it's just common sense to kick developers out or degrade them when they make nothing but flops. It's not about my opinion of these games.

Around the Network

I've tried to get into Sonic games in the past, never really got more than half hour into one. This one looks promising though, so we shall see.

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

I think it's just common sense to kick developers out or degrade them when they make nothing but flops. It's not about my opinion of these games.

Well then say that next time. XD This whole time you gave the impression that somehow even the Genesis era Sonic games were flops.

I was talking about their games in the last 20 years being mostly badly received. I said so in my first post in this thread. My own opinion of Sonic games was just a side thought in a different paragraph.

I think it looks good from what i've seen. But i'm still skeptical because well... Sonic Team. But Maybe this is what the Sonic franchise needs. So i'm willing to give it a chance. Will definetly keep an eye on this.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

So the Horizon developers knowingly ripped off a game they knew nothing about?

They could've changed direction when Breath of The Wild was first teased.

You're reaching. Like do you actually believe this?

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Breath of The Wild was in development longer.

And no one knew a thing about it until less than a year before it was out.

I don't think HZD or what we see in this Sonic game took anything from BOTW but we did see a chunk of gameplay at the TGA's 2015. So we did see something more than a year before release. Again I don't think HZD or this Sonic game in what we do see took anything from BOTW. Not like BOTW invented grass.

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 May 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Sonic Frontiers inspiration looks more like Shadow of the Colossus. The center tower thing in the first reveal was spot on the central tower on SoTC. Then fighting colossal figures.. You guys know Open World games existed before Breath of the Wild Right? Breath does nothing original for the open world, hell if I recall, BotW took major inspiration from Fallout series.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

Ah yes, Horizon Zero Dawn, the game that ripped off Breath of the Wild before Breath of the Wild.

Pray tell. How long was each game in development, exactly?

And how could Horizon Zero Dawn be a rip off of Breath of the Wild when conceptualisation and release of the game happened prior to BOTW becoming a thing and releasing?

Please, explain this stance of yours, because it’s not making much sense, and seems to be pretty baseless.

Last edited by Hynad - on 01 June 2022

Xxain said:

Sonic Frontiers inspiration looks more like Shadow of the Colossus. The center tower thing in the first reveal was spot on the central tower on SoTC. Then fighting colossal figures.. You guys know Open World games existed before Breath of the Wild Right? Breath does nothing original for the open world, hell if I recall, BotW took major inspiration from Fallout series.

Yeah, I don't know why every open-world game with grasslands and forests need to be compared to BOTW.

Hynad said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Pray tell. How long was each game in development, exactly?

And could  Horizon Zero Dawn a rip off of Breath of the Wild when conceptualisation and release of the game happened prior to BOTW becoming a thing and releasing?

Please, explain this stance of yours, because it’s not making much sense, and seems to be pretty baseless.

Source "bro trust me"

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!