By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas (19 Students, 2 Teachers Dead)

Texas school shooting: Husband of killed teacher 'dies of grief'
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61569655

"The husband of one of the teachers slain in Tuesday's mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, has reportedly died of a heart attack.
Joe Garcia was the husband of Irma Garcia, who taught for 23 years at Robb Elementary School.
Mrs Garcia was one of two teachers killed by a teenage gunman in the shooting that left 21 people dead - including 19 children.
The couple - who were married for 24 years - are survived by four children. "

Also apart from the 19 students, and 2 teachers.... there where over 39 wounded children as well.
Now theres a husband, that suffered a heart attack and died from it, after learning his wife died at the school shooting (they had 4 kids).

Just when you think it cant get any worse.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

"The husband of one of the teachers slain in Tuesday's mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas, has reportedly died of a heart attack.
Joe Garcia was the husband of Irma Garcia, who taught for 23 years at Robb Elementary School.
Mrs Garcia was one of two teachers killed by a teenage gunman in the shooting that left 21 people dead - including 19 children.

Also apart from the 19 students, and 2 teachers.... there where over 39 wounded children as well.
Now theres a husband, that suffered a heart attack and died from it, after learning his wife died at the school shooting (they had 4 kids).

Oh it is going to get worse.  We are proceeding with selling high powered semi automated rifles to kids (e.g. under 21 years old), so why wouldn't it get worse?  

When there is a problem, we can either fix it or ignore it...  we are ignoring it.  

The problem with believing that more guns stop crime or anything for that matter is that we already know from experience that it does not. One thing I noticed after a mass shooting, the GOP go on about putting armed retired citizens, school teachers and so fort but if we take a look at the latest mass shootings, all have worn body armor. More guns will not stop mass shootings or mass shooters because when they are ready to do the deed, they are going to be packing all the ammo, body armor with the best tool to take as many lives as possible. I do agree that gun laws are not enough, there would need to be a clear shift in America and how we as a country view guns before any real effective change happen. Right now, there are only just thoughts and prayers on the GOP side and their belief that more guns and more armed people will solve the issue but as we continue to see, that is not the case. Mass murders just come better prepared for the deed.

I believe I stated this before but the movie Escape from New York is looking closure like a prophecy every year in the US.

Pretty telling that Trump will speak today at the NRA convention here in Texas and will they beef up security like they want to have in schools? Maybe armed guards, metal detectors, etc? Nah, they’re going to just ban guns outright during that event LOL.

Rules for thee but not for me. Fucking clowns.

Machiavellian said:

The problem with believing that more guns stop crime or anything for that matter is that we already know from experience that it does not. One thing I noticed after a mass shooting, the GOP go on about putting armed retired citizens, school teachers and so fort but if we take a look at the latest mass shootings, all have worn body armor. More guns will not stop mass shootings or mass shooters because when they are ready to do the deed, they are going to be packing all the ammo, body armor with the best tool to take as many lives as possible. I do agree that gun laws are not enough, there would need to be a clear shift in America and how we as a country view guns before any real effective change happen. Right now, there are only just thoughts and prayers on the GOP side and their belief that more guns and more armed people will solve the issue but as we continue to see, that is not the case. Mass murders just come better prepared for the deed.

I believe I stated this before but the movie Escape from New York is looking closure like a prophecy every year in the US.

What do you mean guns doesn't stop crime or anything lol. Why the heck do we arm law enforcement then?

And you and others keep making this weird argument that they shouldn't bother to prepare staff because mass murderers comes prepared. 

More prepared staff makes it more difficult to prepare for mass shooting no?

Last edited by cyberninja45 - on 27 May 2022

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
cyberninja45 said:

Ok I really don't understand your reasoning. You are saying law enforcement is useless, so the people in danger should be disarmed also because law enforcement is useless?

Edit: well they are probably the ones with the most gunfree zones in a gunfilled country. More gunfree zones are backwards.

Having more guns in a situation is rarely a good idea. Especially when those guns are handled by people who are untrained and don't want the guns in the first place. 

How the heck is being armed in this situation a bad idea?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:
Machiavellian said:

What do you mean guns doesn't stop crime or anything lol. Why the heck do we arm law enforcement then?

And you and others keep making this weird argument that we shouldn't bother to prepare staff because mass murderers comes prepared. 

staff makes it harder to prepare for mass shooting no?

I mean exactly that it does not stop crime.  How many gun incidents actually reduce crime at all or actually reduce murders.  If anything the main tool for killing is the gun in America.  So is the solution to go back to the wild wild west, everyone packing and every encounter is solved with a gun.  So you believe having teachers in classrooms packing is somehow going to reduce these incidents.  Its a fallacy because it builds on some fantasy that the mass murderer is some idiot who is not going to come prepared.  Just like Texas and Buffalo and even before these 2 incidents each killer has come well prepared for opposition and has been able to execute their strategy to kill as many people in a short period of time before either being captured or put down.  Its not that at some point someone will put down the assailant, its that more guns does not fix the problem nor will it prevent the incidents from happening.  Its not a realistic solution nor is it going to be an effective one because Texas already have armed resource and armed teachers.  

So no, its like putting a bandaid on a amputated wound, it may make you feel good but being effective no so much.

cyberninja45 said:
Machiavellian said:

And you and others keep making this weird argument that they shouldn't bother to prepare staff because mass murderers comes prepared. 

More prepared staff makes it more difficult to prepare for mass shooting no?

Maybe if our civilians weren't so armed we wouldn't need to arm our law enforcement as much?  

I'm not against arming teachers on paper...  but teachers are already underpaid and now we want them to play SWAT team?  Plus I would assume the school would have to take on a heck of a lot of liability insurance in order to arm teachers.  

Here is the way I view it. Let us say new home construction results in a massive increase in fires. How would we proceed? Hire more firefighters? Install more fire hydrants? Or would we investigate why we have an increase in fires and actually try to prevent fires from occurring? It feels like many here would be fine with installing more fire hydrants and calling it a day.

JRPGfan said:

Honestly, I can see why he would. if I didn't have my son and my wife died be hard to move on as been together so long.