By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas (19 Students, 2 Teachers Dead)

LudicrousSpeed said:

Pretty telling that Trump will speak today at the NRA convention here in Texas and will they beef up security like they want to have in schools? Maybe armed guards, metal detectors, etc? Nah, they’re going to just ban guns outright during that event LOL.

Rules for thee but not for me. Fucking clowns.

It's crazy that this event will go on with 72 hours? or so? of the massacre.

Will be very interesting to see if any statements come out about the massacre from it and what they are.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
cyberninja45 said:

What do you mean guns doesn't stop crime or anything lol. Why the heck do we arm law enforcement then?

And you and others keep making this weird argument that we shouldn't bother to prepare staff because mass murderers comes prepared. 

staff makes it harder to prepare for mass shooting no?

I mean exactly that it does not stop crime.  How many gun incidents actually reduce crime at all or actually reduce murders.  If anything the main tool for killing is the gun in America.  So is the solution to go back to the wild wild west, everyone packing and every encounter is solved with a gun.  So you believe having teachers in classrooms packing is somehow going to reduce these incidents.  Its a fallacy because it builds on some fantasy that the mass murderer is some idiot who is not going to come prepared.  Just like Texas and Buffalo and even before these 2 incidents each killer has come well prepared for opposition and has been able to execute their strategy to kill as many people in a short period of time before either being captured or put down.  Its not that at some point someone will put down the assailant, its that more guns does not fix the problem nor will it prevent the incidents from happening.  Its not a realistic solution nor is it going to be an effective one because Texas already have armed resource and armed teachers.  

So no, its like putting a bandaid on a amputated wound, it may make you feel good but being effective no so much.

Ok if you believe that then disarm all law enforcement in your area then.

Again, why are you and others pushing for staff being completely unprepared for prepared mass murderers?

Most(All?) these mass shootings happens in areas where the number gun bearing people were low. The mass murderer doesn't have much preparing to do.  Gun free zones are obviously stupid in a country where it's your right to bear arms.

The Texas shooting had armed teachers? It wasnt a gunfree zone?

Last edited by cyberninja45 - on 27 May 2022

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

cyberninja45 said:
Machiavellian said:

I mean exactly that it does not stop crime.  How many gun incidents actually reduce crime at all or actually reduce murders.  If anything the main tool for killing is the gun in America.  So is the solution to go back to the wild wild west, everyone packing and every encounter is solved with a gun.  So you believe having teachers in classrooms packing is somehow going to reduce these incidents.  Its a fallacy because it builds on some fantasy that the mass murderer is some idiot who is not going to come prepared.  Just like Texas and Buffalo and even before these 2 incidents each killer has come well prepared for opposition and has been able to execute their strategy to kill as many people in a short period of time before either being captured or put down.  Its not that at some point someone will put down the assailant, its that more guns does not fix the problem nor will it prevent the incidents from happening.  Its not a realistic solution nor is it going to be an effective one because Texas already have armed resource and armed teachers.  

So no, its like putting a bandaid on a amputated wound, it may make you feel good but being effective no so much.

Again, why are you and others pushing for staff being completely unprepared for prepared mass murderers?

Most(All?) these mass shootings happens in areas where the number gun bearing people were low. The mass murderer doesn't have much preparing to do.  Gun free zones are obviously stupid in a country where it's your right to bear arms.

Because the fact that we have to prepare our children & educational staff for potentially being killed while at school is the root problem that needs to be solved.  

I can only imagine how crazy we must seem to the rest of the civilised world.  

Chrkeller said:

Here is the way I view it. Let us say new home construction results in a massive increase in fires. How would we proceed? Hire more firefighters? Install more fire hydrants? Or would we investigate why we have an increase in fires and actually try to prevent fires from occurring? It feels like many here would be fine with installing more fire hydrants and calling it a day.

You mean preventive measures kind of like you need a fishing license to ensure we don't fuck up the ecosystem lol. i.e. release the under sized fish and probably females during certain periods of the year.

Killing food supply = bad can't do this without a license 

Killing children = I have a right to own a gun

Cobretti2 said:
Chrkeller said:

Here is the way I view it. Let us say new home construction results in a massive increase in fires. How would we proceed? Hire more firefighters? Install more fire hydrants? Or would we investigate why we have an increase in fires and actually try to prevent fires from occurring? It feels like many here would be fine with installing more fire hydrants and calling it a day.

You mean preventive measures kind of like you need a fishing license to ensure we don't fuck up the ecosystem lol. i.e. release the under sized fish and probably females during certain periods of the year.

Killing food supply = bad can't do this without a license 

Killing children = I have a right to own a gun

Exactly right.  I am an avid fisherman.  I have to carry a fishing license and ID.  I can be pulled over at anytime and searched while on the water.....  stiff penalty for illegal fish.

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
cyberninja45 said:

Because the fact that we have to prepare our children & educational staff for potentially being killed while at school is the root problem that needs to be solved.  

No the question is why everyone else can be somewhat prepared for a mass murderer(2nd amendment) except staff overseeing children in these gun free zones schools for some reason.

Why do these zones exist? You need to protect your children more than anything. This weird argument that concealed or hosltered guns would somehow make kids nervous or some shit so it's better to let them be sittings ducks, is really dumb.

cyberninja45 said:
Chrkeller said:

No the question is why everyone else can be somewhat prepared for a mass murderer(2nd amendment) except staff overseeing children in these gun free zones schools for some reason.

This weird argument that concealed or hosltered guns would somehow make kids nervous or some shit so it's better to let them be sittings ducks, is really dumb.

Sad state of affairs when we accept having to be prepared for mass murder.  

Chrkeller said:
cyberninja45 said:

This weird argument that concealed or hosltered guns would somehow make kids nervous or some shit so it's better to let them be sittings ducks, is really dumb.

Sad state of affairs when we accept having to be prepared for mass murder.  

So what do you plan do if a mass murder decides to act around you and your children? Call the disarmed law enforcement and hope they teleport to your aid?

Come across this on Facebook. Sums up American logic (Australian animal ownership bad guns). I think it's time people stop hiding behind an outdated document and accept the laws need to change for modern America. How many of these people think religion is outdate and bag it out daily, so why not not the same logic can be applied to guns in their head?

Cobretti2 said:

Come across this on Facebook. Sums up American logic (Australian animal ownership bad guns). I think it's time people stop hiding behind an outdated document and accept the laws need to change for modern America. How many of these people think religion is outdate and bag it out daily, so why not not the same logic can be applied to guns in their head?

Gun ownership is treated like a basic human right, but owning a Kangaroo is illegal. Why? Could they kick someone to death?

Understanding American law is a lost cause. Apparently it's illegal to play with dominoes on sundays in Georgia. Why? Because.