By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Until Further Notice, I Give Up

CaptainExplosion said:
axumblade said:

Dude, it’s hard out there right now. There’s nothing wrong with having to live with your parents for a while. With the way prices and the job market are, there’s nothing wrong with having to basically start over. It sucks but eventually, things will level out on your personal life. 

That's the thing, I never really got to start. All I could get was a small, low paying job, now that job isn't available because of financial difficulties at my workplace, so all I have is social assistance. And I'm 31, I shouldn't be with my parents anymore. I've become like those basement dwelling losers who's only meaningful relationship has ever been with erotic artwork, just like we see on TV all the time. -_-

Don't go blaming the world and Rich people for your problems.

If a guy without a jaw can get his life together so can you. This guy would have been bullied real hard too and mentally as painful as that was survived and become better.
https://nypost.com/2022/05/19/man-born-without-a-jaw-finds-love-after-lifetime-of-pain/

You just need an open mind. Do any work you can atm. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride to survive and work back up again. Most Rich people got rich because they have a positive min set so they succeed in what they do. Very few are born into mega wealth. You may be thinking of billionaires millions etc, but those are the super rich. You don't need to put pressure on yourself to get that rich, most people with a decent income (i.e. 90K plus) have a rich fulfilled life that generally is stress free, so aim for that first.

Around the Network

Wait this is all over 5% stake in nintendo that further changes SA dependance away from oil? Which in the end is a good thing.
Lmao smoothbrain thinking over here

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Cobretti2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That's the thing, I never really got to start. All I could get was a small, low paying job, now that job isn't available because of financial difficulties at my workplace, so all I have is social assistance. And I'm 31, I shouldn't be with my parents anymore. I've become like those basement dwelling losers who's only meaningful relationship has ever been with erotic artwork, just like we see on TV all the time. -_-

If a guy without a jaw can get his life together so can you. This guy would have been bullied real hard too and mentally as painful as that was survived and become better.
https://nypost.com/2022/05/19/man-born-without-a-jaw-finds-love-after-lifetime-of-pain/

You just need an open mind. Do any work you can atm. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride to survive and work back up again. Most Rich people got rich because they have a positive min set so they succeed in what they do. Very few are born into mega wealth. You may be thinking of billionaires millions etc, but those are the super rich. You don't need to put pressure on yourself to get that rich, most people with a decent income (i.e. 90K plus) have a rich fulfilled life that generally is stress free, so aim for that first.

https://youtu.be/6epi4lN-bts

?

90k a "decent" income, and you say it just takes positive mindset to get there.

FFS reading these forums sometines I read comments so detached from reality it's embarassing.

That said I partially agree with the rist sentence, OP stop blaming the world for your own problems.

Last edited by freebs2 - on 22 May 2022

freebs2 said:
Cobretti2 said:

https://youtu.be/6epi4lN-bts

😂

90k a "decent" income, and you say it just takes positive mindset to get there.

FFS reading these forums sometines I read comments so detached from reality it's embarassing.

That said I partially agree with the rist sentence, stop blaming the world for your own problems.

lol 90K is the average income in Australia, which would be like 60K USD in the US. I figured 30K USD on top surely is a pretty decent wage in America and people would consider that to be rich considering the cost of living being much cheaper than Aus. 

90K is a far more realistic goal than giving up and hating the world because of a few billionaires.  Essentially I am saying most people if they ever got to 90K USD would be happy so don't worry about the billionaires as they have zero impact on your life.

It all starts with a positive mind set (i.e. not hating everything). If I told him you also need to work hard at it and these are the things you need to sacrifice, he wouldn't even get of the couch as it would seem to hard. Basically break down the goal into mini goals as some people need those little wins in life to keep them motivated, others just want the final reward and can fuel themselves to get there. 

CaptainExplosion said:

(..) And I'm 31, I shouldn't be with my parents anymore. (..)

If it's any consolation, I'm a bit older than you still, and I also live "at home". In my case it's because homes here in my country cost like a billion Euro per square meter, so it's virtually impossible for a single person to get anything anywhere except if you happen to bring a big pile of cash.

CaptainExplosion said:

(..) Nothing we do on this shit stain of a planet matters anyway.

This is ironically the right mindset to get out of your current predicament though. Once you realise that everything that happens is exceptionally meaningless relative to the life of this planet or the history of our species and to the wellbeing of yourself, you will become more relaxed, will more easily let things slide, will think and ponder about less things and thus become happier in the process. You don't need to worry about stuff, the 'big picture', because none of it matters.

The human species is exceptionally selfish in thinking there can be anything that we do that actually impacts the history of the world (the world, not our species) in any meaningful way; 99.9%, which is not an exaggeration, of all species that have existed in the past are already extinct, it doesn't matter if Pandas die now or a hundred years from now (except maybe to Ka-pi); things like oil or diamonds will naturally replenish over time because they are made through natural processes; the climate has been volatile for the entire planet's existence, there have been periods colder than now but also periods much warmer than now and even the entire shape of the landmasses changes over time. And this was all without our interference. Our entire existence as a species is a mere blink of an eye relative to the life of this planet, so minor that it won't notice, and its existence in turn is a mere blink of an eye relative to the life of the universe. Once we're gone, the planet will go on and recover in a relatively short time, as if we've never been here, until it gets swallowed by the sun.

Even on a smaller scale, the scale of the human species, nothing you do matters. History is history, and what happens, happens. Know that history repeats itself, because certain actions are just in human nature to do due to how we have evolved over the last couple million years. No singular person has, or can have, enough influence to shape the course of our history all by themselves or deny what nature has made us to be. Humans are individuals after all, and they will each do what they want to do and follow their instincts like any animal. There have been hundreds of pandemics in the past, and plenty were worse than the one we just passed. Really, it is every person for themselves, and you only need to think about yourself, how you think you yourself can survive best, like how every other person, both human and every other animal that's alive, even the Saudis, on this planet has to do and does. Sure it may be easier for one than for the other, and for a lot of them it will never work out, mostly due to luck or lack thereof, but that doesn't change anything for your own life.

This doesn't mean you should't be kind to others on a personal level, or should just engage in animal cruelty or something, because why would you, things like this only make life harder for yourself, and it's yourself you should be thinking about. Not caring might seem depressing or selfish, but it's not, it's liberating. Trust me.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 23 May 2022

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

We cannot combat how Saudi Arabia thinks? I know theirs a country that sells little girls and boys to an Arab I think and the Arab can have 6 wifes compared to USA just 1 wife? their lifestyle and Believes I think Muslim god is Different from Christians and Catholics so many different beliefs? I think it was Iraq? Someone correct me? What atrocities does Muslim god or was it islam let Strangers buy kids and have 6 wifes? If I got Muslim god laws wrong then correct me because I think why such country allow those things? I am uneductated of Muslim culture I'm sorry don't stone me for being less educated sorry sorry. Why does Prophet muhammed marry six year old girl why why? is their no punishment for marrying a child. I forget which country allows strangers to marry children I hate them for marry baby. I'm an moron when it comes to other cultures.

Regarding religious education; Muslims, Christians and Jews (and some more minor religions) all worship the same God. In a nutshell they are all variants of the same religion believing there exists one omnipotent God.

In short, Jews believe Moses received a scripture from God, the Torah, some time after Abraham received the first rulebook so to speak of how to live, and that was that; Moses's word is final. Hence the umbrella name, "Abrahamic Religions", for these religions. Christians believe that happened, but then after that Jesus got a revised version of this scripture, the Gospel (written into the Bible) and because he was newer he had the last word. Muslims however believe there was still yet another that received instructions from God, Muhammad, who received the Quran and because he was the last one, his word is right. To Muslims, Jesus and Moses are still holy, but to Jews, the newer prophets are fakes. Now within those three main religions there are a bunch of different variants that differ slightly on technicalities because of how different people interpret written things differently, causing all these different rules for different cultures.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 23 May 2022

Shiken said:

I mean this in the most respectful and serious way possible...maybe you should look into talking to someone for help. It just sounds like you might have a lot more to unpack than you might realize.

Why did I think of that when I read that.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Actually you should think about how lucky you are that you have the option to go back home and live with your parents. You are thinking about this totally wrong. This is the perfect time for you to set a goal and reach it. While you are at home is the time you take any money you make from whatever job you get and invest that money into your future. If you lack education then save for it and then do it. There are many fields that a trade school would get you up and running in a years time or less making good money. Staying home is the reset you need not something to wail about. I know from experience because my Son just went through this. He had to come back home because he lost his job, girlfriend and had no money. Same thing I am telling you I told him. Save that money, look for a career, find out what it takes, make it happen. He saved all his money, took a booster development course, after 1 1/2 years he got a developer job making over 65K. In 2 years he should be able to net over 90K if he keeps his skills up. The key is when you concentrate on failure, you continue to fail. If you do not change the way you think, you will continue to fail.

from Bandorr 4 days ago

You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Other (You are banned from politics. This has been true for a while now.)

[Post Reference] The US Politics |OT| (vgchartz.com)

Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action.
Board Ban: Politics Discussion

Same here. I'm giving up to.

I've been permanently banned for a while now apparently, yet wasn't blocked from posting, though I was quite a while ago, due to a timed ban.

Hmm....

Now I'm being reminded I was always banned, but being given a recent reference post as to why I'm banned again?

Wait WTF?

Banned regarding Other?

Oh I see. What I said was legit but you just don't like it because it's true so you're banning me. 

I'd complain to the mods, but it's been made clear to me by a few already, long ago, that they'll always stick together and find me in the wrong.

Can't argue with logic as sound as that now can I...

If only Elon would buy and fix this place as well.

You have (close to) no control over any of these things, so why waste you energy on them? Focus on the things you do have control over. If you have any motivation to feel better, read up on circle of influence and circle of concern, it might help you: https://www.abrahampc.com/blog/2020/3/16/what-can-i-do-the-circles-of-concern-and-influence