By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Updated Sales numbers for some NSW games (6months) DK/Yoshi/Fire Emblem

Kakadu18 said:

Disappointed by Astral Chain's legs. It deserves way more.

Well I wanted to buy a copy of the game, but the physical version is not even available anymore.

Around the Network
Valdney said:
Kakadu18 said:

Disappointed by Astral Chain's legs. It deserves way more.

Well I wanted to buy a copy of the game, but the physical version is not even available anymore.

£50 on Amazon.co.uk, 41€ on Amazon.de, $64 on Amazon.com right now.

Impressive numbers for Octopath Traveler and not bad legs , I wonder how much it's sold in Japan until now and why it's the only title that excludes Japanese sales.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Impressive numbers for Octopath Traveler and not bad legs , I wonder how much it's sold in Japan until now and why it's the only title that excludes Japanese sales.

The numbers are coming from Nintendo and they didn't publish Octopath in Japan.

deerox said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Oh, so $quare-Enix actually published the game themselves there.

Around the Network
Machina said:

Thanks for posting - I've updated all those games and series.

Does anyone know what Octopath Traveler gained on Switch in the period covering the 6 months from Jan to June 2021?

Heads up - numbers in this thread are as of end of 2020, says end of 2021 on the frontpage.

Link_Nines.XBC said:
deerox said:

Oh, so $quare-Enix actually published the game themselves there.

They publish all their games that Nintendo publishes in the West themselves in Japan. That includes also Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default II, all Dragon Quest games and The World Ends With You Final Remix.

mZuzek said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Damn did some of these games really do nearly half a mil in 6 months? Yoshi's Crafted World in particular is suprising.

Tragic to see that Astral Chain barely moved though. I really think they could have done more to market it.

I'm not sure it'd have made a big difference. They gave the game a big announcement near the end of a Nintendo Direct and no one bat an eye, probably because it didn't have a name people knew.

It's crazy how much Nintendo fans expect everything to be a remake or sequel, all I remember seeing in the reactions to Astral Chain's trailer was people thinking it was a Xenoblade X sequel, then being weirded out by it being something else, and moving on to getting hyped like crazy for a remaster of a Game Boy game.

True, there's no denying that not having a reconizable name made it a harder sell, but it probably still could have helped a bit.

To me it feels like that initial end-of-direct spot was the only thing they really did to push the game. That made it seems like they wanted it to be a fairly big deal, but after that they kinda neglected it. I actually feel like they did more to push Daemon X Machina and that wasn't even their IP (not that Daemon X Machina did better in the end though, since reception was mixed).

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Cool to see!

Very nice results for Yoshi, Octopath, and Xenoblade 2. For the kind of games they are, they're probably very lucrative.

At the very least, I'm happy Astral Chain managed to sell over a million, it deserves that much.

I doubt any First Partyish N-Switch game hasn't been profitable at this point. Like some surely paid for themselves more than others, but when Breath had a 2 million min requirement to break even, I think everyone else is quite fine.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?