By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What happen to Switch 3rd party port developers like Panic Button etc?

They put Doom Eternal and Apex Legends on Switch last 2 years.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Saber Interactive released World War Z on Switch back in November.

Hard working.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I know that Panic Button diversified a bit, and are porting PS4/X1 games to the next gen. They handled the Gen 9 ports of Forza Horizon 5 and Star Wars: Fallen Order. Not to mention that as far back as 2018, they said that they wanted to work on their own thing occasionally.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:

I know that Panic Button diversified a bit, and are porting PS4/X1 games to the next gen. They handled the Gen 9 ports of Forza Horizon 5 and Star Wars: Fallen Order. Not to mention that as far back as 2018, they said that they wanted to work on their own thing occasionally.

They have PlayStation 6 dev kits? It's been 2 years. PS5/SX are current gen.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Salnax said:

People were calling the PS360 "Next Gen" in 2009 and the PS5/X1 duo "Next Gen" in 2016.

Until we stop getting most major games released for the PS4/X1, I'm comfortable calling the PS5/XSX Next Gen.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Leynos said:

People were calling the PS360 "Next Gen" in 2009 and the PS5/X1 duo "Next Gen" in 2016.

Until we stop getting most major games released for the PS4/X1, I'm comfortable calling the PS5/XSX Next Gen.

Ok then, just keep calling 2022 next year and April Next month.

Leynos said:
Salnax said:

Ok then, just keep calling 2022 next year and April Next month.

The main thing is that you know what they're talking about. The semantics are dull either way. Some people call it current gen the minute new hardware comes out, most people do not whilst the platforms are still new and haven't received major franchises built for them 

Saber is porting Kingdom Come Deliverance, Virtuos just recently finished Dying Light, and Feral are porting Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light/Temple of Osiris.