By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 16, 2022 - (11th Apr - 17th Apr)

Chrkeller said:

I am kind of surprised Sony hasn't released a ps5 type-S to fight stock issues... Switch peaked last year, but is still doing well enough. I still don't see the Switch catching the ps2/DS.

The Switch already passed the PS2. The DS is over 33 millions so that will be a challenge or even the gameboy at over 32M.

Around the Network

The switch's year to date for 2022 has almost caught up to the ps5's total sales in japan since launch

Eldin ring slips out of the top 10 this weeks, though I think it will be back next week

13 senetals did pretty good considering its a port

Hoping xbox will hit those 360 numbers in japan, that would be nice to see

Chicho said:
Chrkeller said:

I am kind of surprised Sony hasn't released a ps5 type-S to fight stock issues... Switch peaked last year, but is still doing well enough. I still don't see the Switch catching the ps2/DS.

The Switch already passed the PS2. The DS is over 33 millions so that will be a challenge or even the gameboy at over 32M.

I meant worldwide.  

I did some digging and the original release of 13 Sentinels sold 35k for the first week in Japan (November 2019), so Switch's 27k for a 2.5 years old port is quite good.

Signature goes here!

Switch continuing its great sales.
More OLED stock will likely lead to increased sales but its the second best week 16 of any Switch year, which is fantastic.
4.5 million+ for the yearis looking more likely than not right now.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

How's the series X doing against the 360 and the OG Xbox?

Wonder how long before the Xbox series surpasses PS5

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

Can only happen if Sony doesn't have any stock in Japan. Without supply issues, ps5 would outsell switch for weeks even months

Pinkie_pie said:
Ashadelo said:

Can only happen if Sony doesn't have any stock in Japan. Without supply issues, ps5 would outsell switch for weeks even months

I have trouble believing PS5 with ample supply would sell more than 61+k for any more than 2 weeks in Japan if i'm honest but whilst they are selling out all they are shipping i guess it's impossible to predict.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Pinkie_pie said:

I have trouble believing PS5 with ample supply would sell more than 61+k for any more than 2 weeks in Japan if i'm honest but whilst they are selling out all they are shipping i guess it's impossible to predict.

It's definitely more than 2 weeks. I'm thinking at least 2 months