By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR | Official GBA and GB Emulators Have Been Leaked & Playable On Nintendo Switch

Vodacixi said:

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Zelda: Minish Cap
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Pokémon Emerald
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kirby and the Amazin Mirror

The GBA has the majority of games I still replay to this day from time to time. Having them on Switch would be fantastic. I hope that this leak:

1. Turns out to be true
2. Materializes fast
3. Standard suscription gets GBA and GB (Unlikely, but still)

Same, but with Nintendo's track record with their backlog of classic systems on Switch I'm not getting my hopes up.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Zelda: Minish Cap
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Pokémon Emerald
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kirby and the Amazin Mirror

The GBA has the majority of games I still replay to this day from time to time. Having them on Switch would be fantastic. I hope that this leak:

1. Turns out to be true
2. Materializes fast
3. Standard suscription gets GBA and GB (Unlikely, but still)

Strongly agreed, and most games on that list I would love to have on Switch as well. The only thing I would add... is Mother 3 (lol, as if).

GBC doesn't have quite as many games that are still interesting today imo, but at the very least Pokémon Yellow & Crystal and the Oracle games would be awesome to have.

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2022 predictions:

• Switch - 24m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

Now the question is if Nintendo will add value to the base Nintendo Switch Online subscription (at $20/year) - or continuing to stack up the NSO + Expansion Pack version (at $50/year) with GB/GBA titles.

Here's some Golden Sun footage from an account that got the NSPs up and running. If it is indeed real, then this is one hell of a hoax. 

Edit: And just like that the videos were taken down. If anyone thinks this is fake, you might want to rethink this. All these videos have been shut down within minutes of being uploaded. The Ninjas are aware. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 18 April 2022

NextGen_Gamer said:

Now the question is if Nintendo will add value to the base Nintendo Switch Online subscription (at $20/year) - or continuing to stack up the NSO + Expansion Pack version (at $50/year) with GB/GBA titles.

I'd imagine that Gameboy and Gameboy Color are added to base NSO, GBA is only for Expansion Pack. 

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
NextGen_Gamer said:

I'd imagine that Gameboy and Gameboy Color are added to base NSO, GBA is only for Expansion Pack. 

Was just going to say this, seems like a reasonable expectation.

Ljink96 said:
NextGen_Gamer said:

No way in hell. I'm 99% sure that Gameboy and all future systems added to NSO is going to be locked behing the Expansion Pack.

deerox said:
Ljink96 said:

No way in hell. I'm 99% sure that Gameboy and all future systems added to NSO is going to be locked behing the Expansion Pack.

Base NSO already has been slowing down in terms of incentive for users to keep subscribing. A subscription service has to keep you engaged. I would think Nintendo would do GB+GBC to keep users at least subscribed if they don't need it for online play. GBA is obviously more premium compared to GB so to drive that narrative they'll probably add it to the Expansion Pack. 

Cautiously happy about this. Yeah, the GBA has a ton of great games, but Nintendo's track record when it comes to which and how many games it makes available for NSO is just sad, so hopefully this is gonna be worth it. 

Jpcc86 said:

Cautiously happy about this. Yeah, the GBA has a ton of great games, but Nintendo's track record when it comes to which and how many games it makes available for NSO is just sad, so hopefully this is gonna be worth it. 

I think they have done a good job adding their first-party games to the NES & SNES online apps.

NES is only missing Startropics 2 and SNES is only missing Super Mario RPG.

N64 on the other hand, is missing quite a few. It's missing Wave Race 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Excitebike 64, Pilotwings 64, Mario Party, Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium, and all of the RARE games that isn't Banjo-Kazooie.