By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR | Official GBA and GB Emulators Have Been Leaked & Playable On Nintendo Switch

UPDATE: Apparently Nintendo is deleting posts:

Footage has been taken down already of it in action but this confirms that GBA and GB will eventually come to NSO. I don't know why they waited so long to add GB but okay. 

There are official NSPs out there you can use on emulators or official hardware if you do that kind of thing. 

I personally would like to play Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire if they're included. And since Nintendo owns a lot of the library on GB and GBA we should see much better support and releases from it once it launches. And who knows...maybe a localized Mother 3 finally releases on it. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 18 April 2022

Around the Network

They should have released Game Boy in 2020 on NSO imo but whatever, better late than never. Maybe we can get the original versions of the first two Advance Wars games with GBA.

This would be great if true, and it seems to be. Hopefully it launches in September or before.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

This is exciting. I want to play GBA games on the Switch so bad. I would love to see what they would look like on the OLED screen.

CaptainExplosion said:

A little late for April Fool's, don't you think.

But it's not April fools. The software format that Nintendo uses (NSP)s of each emulator have leaked. And for the Gameboy games, each one is a separate NSP which is kind of a lot of work to do just to fake Gameboy emulation. The software itself points back to NERD as well. The emulator functions, rewind, dev tools, etc. are also in these NSPs. This could be a very elaborate hoax and is still a rumor at this point, but it would have been done on April fools, not today. 

If you need any more convincing, video of the emulators in action were taken down shortly after being posted. And not by the poster's own will. 

Around the Network

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Zelda: Minish Cap
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Pokémon Emerald
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kirby and the Amazin Mirror

The GBA has the majority of games I still replay to this day from time to time. Having them on Switch would be fantastic. I hope that this leak:

1. Turns out to be true
2. Materializes fast
3. Standard suscription gets GBA and GB (Unlikely, but still)

Vodacixi said:

Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Zelda: Minish Cap
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Pokémon Emerald
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Kirby and the Amazin Mirror

The GBA has the majority of games I still replay to this day from time to time. Having them on Switch would be fantastic. I hope that this leak:

1. Turns out to be true
2. Materializes fast
3. Standard suscription gets GBA and GB (Unlikely, but still)

Strongly agreed, and most games on that list I would love to have on Switch as well. The only thing I would add... is Mother 3 (lol, as if).

GBC doesn't have quite as many games that are still interesting today imo, but at the very least Pokémon Yellow & Crystal and the Oracle games would be awesome to have.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Now the question is if Nintendo will add value to the base Nintendo Switch Online subscription (at $20/year) - or continuing to stack up the NSO + Expansion Pack version (at $50/year) with GB/GBA titles.

Here's some Golden Sun footage from an account that got the NSPs up and running. If it is indeed real, then this is one hell of a hoax. 

Edit: And just like that the videos were taken down. If anyone thinks this is fake, you might want to rethink this. All these videos have been shut down within minutes of being uploaded. The Ninjas are aware. 

NextGen_Gamer said:

Now the question is if Nintendo will add value to the base Nintendo Switch Online subscription (at $20/year) - or continuing to stack up the NSO + Expansion Pack version (at $50/year) with GB/GBA titles.

I'd imagine that Gameboy and Gameboy Color are added to base NSO, GBA is only for Expansion Pack.