By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Prince now owns SNK, goodbye KOF and other franchises :(

EnricoPallazzo said:
sethnintendo said:

Don't care still buying metal slug tactics.

Nice, I didnt know it existed. I love tectics game, might check this out.

Anyway, I dont get why we would say goodbye to SNK games because an evil guy bought the company. They are all mostly owned by evil guys.

Not that it would change anything for me, last time I played a KOF game was when KOF 99 was released on arcades, I didnt like it and never came back to SNK games. Now, KOF 94-98 is pure love.

It's not like the consoles we buy are not made by sweatshops in China, a regime who is not committing a genocide against the Uyghurs just because they're muslims. 

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Anyway, I dont get why we would say goodbye to SNK games because an evil guy bought the company. They are all mostly owned by evil guys.

Not that it would change anything for me, last time I played a KOF game was when KOF 99 was released on arcades, I didnt like it and never came back to SNK games. Now, KOF 94-98 is pure love.

It's not like the consoles we buy are not made by sweatshops in China, a regime who is not committing a genocide against the Uyghurs just because they're muslims. 

I forgot about that, though yeah, China does make consoles they are bad and we still buy their consoles, I never said I would never buy their games . I only said goodbye because 1 saudi arabia would want to enter further in gaming ie another player against another Sony purchase, Oh well, looks like even Sony is tied with another one.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Leynos said:
SegaHeart said:

This is my japanese developers chart acquisition wants

Sony gets Konami/Capcom/Square Enix/Namco Bandai/Fromsoftware

Microsoft gets Koei tecmo and to some etent Sega if the prince pulls another move on capcom? or a square enix?

No. How about no monopolies and let 3rd parties be 3rd parties. What you propose is how you kill an industry.

I think what SegaHeart meant was, instead of letting companies get bought out by the Prince or government controlled companies like Tencent, that it would be better off if Microsoft and Sony bought them out. This, in a sense, would be consolidating the industry to save it from something worse. Monopolies are bad, but The Prince and Tencent aren't slowing down in acquisitions.

rapsuperstar31 said:
SegaHeart said:

This is my japanese developers chart acquisition wants

Microsoft gets Koei tecmo and to some etent Sega if the prince pulls another move on capcom? or a square enix?

If Sega is selling hopefully they sell Atlus to Sony first, Microsoft can buy the rest.

I never cared for Atlus anyway It's mostly Sega legacy I actually cared I would sell Atlus to Sony for 4 billion, and I could sleep happy knowing SEGA is still independant, I loved those anti playstation/anti nintendo commercials back then I still carry my large SEGA only collection something these Sony/Microsoft fans wouldnt give 2 cents unless SOny or Microsoft buys them pulling a faking jax, you were never interested in Sega before until they are bought by your corporation fakers. That what seperate us from big 3 . I'm a huge Sega Fanboy.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 06 April 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Dulfite said:
Leynos said:

No. How about no monopolies and let 3rd parties be 3rd parties. What you propose is how you kill an industry.

I think what SegaHeart meant was, instead of letting companies get bought out by the Prince or government controlled companies like Tencent, that it would be better off if Microsoft and Sony bought them out. This, in a sense, would be consolidating the industry to save it from something worse. Monopolies are bad, but The Prince and Tencent aren't slowing down in acquisitions.

Yes, Sonic > halo + God of war.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 07 April 2022

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

The worst part for me is not even the genocide. They do it with Falon Gong also. It's horrible of course. But the worst the using the genocide to run an organ traffic business. I also recently read about the thousands of kidnaps of young women from big cities to make them slave-wives in the rural areas. Who know, maybe even one of them worked on building our PS5's.

I'm reiterating this, I prefer Sony style of games over Microsoft but I rather Sega go to Microsoft, but still Sony > Microsoft, I just like their style and their games more than Microsoft, but Microsoft + SEGA is a fitting and worth it but i'll still prefer Sony franchise like Wildarms, Ape escape, Wipeout series, Twisted metal, ETC over Halo, Fallout, call of Duty.

Sonic > Mario/Master Chief/Kratos.

SegaHeart said:

I'm reiterating this, I prefer Sony style of games over Microsoft but I rather Sega go to Microsoft, but still Sony > Microsoft, I just like their style and their games more than Microsoft, but Microsoft + SEGA is a fitting and worth it but i'll still prefer Sony franchise like Wildarms, Ape escape, Wipeout series, Twisted metal, ETC over Halo, Fallout, call of Duty.

How much would a buyout price for Sega could be? $6-$10 billion? 
Sounds a bit much for Sony. Microsoft could pay that. The Saudi Prince is definitely the most likely scenario tho. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 06 April 2022

Jpcc86 said:
SegaHeart said:

How much would a buyout price for Sega would be? $6-$10 billion? 
Sounds a bit much for Sony. Microsoft could pay that. The Saudi Prince is definitely the most likely scenario tho. 

I don't want the prince close to SEGA, I am overtly panic-ing from the Prince grip on Japanese developers though.

If I had a choice, I’d prefer Nintendo to buy K-T and Sega. K-T is a natural choice for them anyway.

But yeah, it seems like a lot of scummy entities are taking over video games.