By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Prince now owns SNK, goodbye KOF and other franchises :(

HoangNhatAnh said:
DonFerrari said:

nope, persona and yakuza need to stay on playstation.

Ib4 Saudi Prince gets Sega for 10billion.

So far he haven't heard of any changes that have been going on SNK due to the purchase right? And much less that he is moving to buy Sega from Sammy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
psychicscubadiver said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Is there ANYTHING we can buy these days without supporting inhuman scumbags? -_- All else I've been able to do lately is hope for change in China and Saudi Arabia.

The Saudis aren't that hard to avoid, unless your country buys gasoline from them and you can't really help that. China is the tough one, but thankfully companies like Nintendo have said they are moving production out of China into places like Taiwan and Vietnam, iirc. The biggest sticking point is common household goods, some of which are extremely difficult to find without having the 'Made in China' sticker. When my cheese slicer broke I couldn't find one in any store that wasn't made in China so I ended up special ordering one from a German company. It cost double the price, but the quality has been miles above the old Chinese ones I used to own and it's already lasted double their typical lifespan. Same for my Swiss can-opener and American whisk.

And them they would also have to force the component manufacturers from moving from China, same for the foundries....

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SegaHeart said:

I'm reiterating this, I prefer Sony style of games over Microsoft but I rather Sega go to Microsoft, but still Sony > Microsoft, I just like their style and their games more than Microsoft, but Microsoft + SEGA is a fitting and worth it but i'll still prefer Sony franchise like Wildarms, Ape escape, Wipeout series, Twisted metal, ETC over Halo, Fallout, call of Duty.

Sony gets Konami/Capcom/Square Enix/Namco Bandai/Fromsoftware

Microsoft gets Koei tecmo and to some etent Sega if the prince pulls another move on capcom? or a square enix?

Sonic > Mario/Master Chief/Kratos.

I think Koei Tecmo, and Bandai Namco would be natural fits with Nintendo as those companies have collaborated with Nintendo on several games/crossovers and BN even did part of the work developing Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate, which is one of Nintendo's core franchises these days. Sega and Atlus would fit more naturally with Nintendo imo, but I'd also rather see them go to Microsoft than Sony. Microsoft would still let their games go cross platform, where I feel that Sony would make them console exclusive. Of course, Nintendo really only buys longtime partners or studios looking to be bought so it's unlikely, but it does make me wonder if acquistion wars really and truly got going if they wouldn't be forced to change that policy or risk being left in the dust.

I love how gamers will buy triple AAA titles from companies that have people working 80 hours a week for crunch time.... but we are upset about Saudi.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Ib4 Saudi Prince gets Sega for 10billion.

So far he haven't heard of any changes that have been going on SNK due to the purchase right? And much less that he is moving to buy Sega from Sammy.

For now, untill the deal is done completely, we don't know yet.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Chrkeller said:

I love how gamers will buy triple AAA titles from companies that have people working 80 hours a week for crunch time.... but we are upset about Saudi.

A company that overworks ppl vs a man who has dissidents brutally murdered?

Yes... quite the conundrum indeed I'm sure.

As opposed to all the nice treatment of people in Asia whom make all our electronics?  While, of course ignoring, where most of us get our energy...  from those nice countries that treat people oh so well.  

Taking a hard stance against SNK because Saudi, while buying electronics from Asia and powering with Russian energy...  sorry, seems like a paradox to me.  

Not too mention the extreme working conditions via crunch and depending on the company severe hostile/harassment working conditions.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 08 April 2022

Can't wait for Metal Slug 8 which will take place in Yemen..  /s

Last edited by AZWification - on 08 April 2022

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

twintail said:
Chrkeller said:

As opposed to all the nice treatment of people in Asia whom make all our electronics?  While, of course ignoring, where most of us get our energy...  from those nice countries that treat people oh so well.  

Taking a hard stance against SNK because Saudi, while buying electronics from Asia and powering with Russian energy...  sorry, seems like a paradox to me.  

Not too mention the extreme working conditions via crunch and depending on the company severe hostile/harassment working conditions.  

I don't think there's anything paradoxical about it, unless you believe that all actions and thoughts are merely reduced to a binary of 1 and 0's .

Yes, these situations are not great and they are social issues that we should all be aware of. 

We will have to agree to disagree.  Not buying SNK because Saudi Prince is bad, while powering your electronics with Putin's energy....  is the very definition of a paradox. 

Chrkeller said:
twintail said:

I don't think there's anything paradoxical about it, unless you believe that all actions and thoughts are merely reduced to a binary of 1 and 0's .

Yes, these situations are not great and they are social issues that we should all be aware of. 

We will have to agree to disagree.  Not buying SNK because Saudi Prince is bad, while powering your electronics with Putin's energy....  is the very definition of a paradox. 

Not really.  One of those things you have direct control over.  Where your electricity comes from depends almost entirely on where you live, and you have very little direct control.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Chrkeller said:

Not really.  One of those things you have direct control over.  Where your electricity comes from depends almost entirely on where you live, and you have very little direct control.

You very much have control over how much power you use.....  new consoles like a ps5 use a ton of power.  It is a choice to a large degree.  And many electronics come from sweatshirt factories with child labor.    

Either way, people are entitled to their opinion.  Most products are shady in their manufacturing.  SNK isn't in a new situation.