By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saudi Prince now owns SNK, goodbye KOF and other franchises :(

That Saudi prince is probably after Sega as well.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:

I thought I heard a rumour about that recently now that you mention it... 

And here we were worried about Chinese companies like NetEase and especially Tencent taking over the gaming industry.

How is he able to purchase a publicly traded Japanese gaming company though?

SegaHeart said:

This is my japanese developers chart acquisition wants

Sony gets Konami/Capcom/Square Enix/Namco Bandai/Fromsoftware

Microsoft gets Koei tecmo and to some etent Sega if the prince pulls another move on capcom? or a square enix?

If Sega is selling hopefully they sell Atlus to Sony first, Microsoft can buy the rest.

Jpcc86 said:

Quiet.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
SegaHeart said:

This is my japanese developers chart acquisition wants

Sony gets Konami/Capcom/Square Enix/Namco Bandai/Fromsoftware

Microsoft gets Koei tecmo and to some etent Sega if the prince pulls another move on capcom? or a square enix?

No. How about no monopolies and let 3rd parties be 3rd parties. What you propose is how you kill an industry.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Don't think I've bought an SNK game... ever? Guess I won't be starting now....

But if there is a port of CvS2 I will buy it royalties be damned.

Don't care still buying metal slug tactics.

sethnintendo said:

Nice, I didnt know it existed. I love tectics game, might check this out.

Anyway, I dont get why we would say goodbye to SNK games because an evil guy bought the company. They are all mostly owned by evil guys.

Not that it would change anything for me, last time I played a KOF game was when KOF 99 was released on arcades, I didnt like it and never came back to SNK games. Now, KOF 94-98 is pure love.

EnricoPallazzo said:
sethnintendo said:

Nice, I didnt know it existed. I love tectics game, might check this out.

Anyway, I dont get why we would say goodbye to SNK games because an evil guy bought the company. They are all mostly owned by evil guys.

Not that it would change anything for me, last time I played a KOF game was when KOF 99 was released on arcades, I didnt like it and never came back to SNK games. Now, KOF 94-98 is pure love.

It's not like the consoles we buy are not made by sweatshops in China, a regime who is not committing a genocide against the Uyghurs just because they're muslims.