By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Konami no more? Should they be bought? list of games since 2018 till now.

I mean, what studios do they still have? What's their manpower? All of their talent has left, and their focus has shifted to mobile and pachinko. Their attempts to try and bring back something more substantial have ended up in disaster. The best they can do is to license their IPs, to live off of remasters/remakes and others' talents.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

To my knowledge there has never been a game they made I was interested in, so I don't know.

Didn't they make that really successful Switch party game?

Love and tolerate.

Konami still makes a lot of money. They won't be bought unless they really want to sell.

I'd love it if they get bought tbh, probably wont happens cause they are still very profitable as far as I know, but it'd be great, just to have someone else actually do something with their dormant IPs, some which are fantastic. If Sony could just go ahead and buy Konami and Sega, that'd be great.

Around the Network

I only care if Konami mismanages Yugioh. Right now they are doing a good job so I don't want them bought.

Konami is a pretty large company for whom gaming was only a part. The gaming is just what they're known for in the West.

They're a holding company now. No one should buy them as they don't really have studios anymore. If anyone were to buy them it should be a 3rd party publisher who plans to revive old IPs and just keep the Konami name as a brand but the actual company should be put down.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Konami still has some worthwhile IP's but no development teams.

Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Silent Hill, PES, YuGiOh are all valuable IP's, and with the exception of PES, have multimedia utility. In the case of YuGiOh, it's a massive mobile game with Duel Links having over 150M downloads, and the recently released Master Duel having 20M downloads. However, aside from that and Metal Gear Solid, it is hard to gauge how successful Konami's marquee IP's would be in this day and age, but they have potential to be huge. 

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 05 April 2022

FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

I only care if Konami mismanages Yugioh. Right now they are doing a good job so I don't want them bought.

Are they though?  Duel Links seems to be in decline.  Master Duel is still kind of in the honeymoon phase, so we have to see what happens there.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)