By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Konami no more? Should they be bought? list of games since 2018 till now.

DonFerrari said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Bold: If that was correct, then they wouldn't stop after making MGSV, clearly it wasn't to them.

They likely know that if they make a MGS without Hideo Kojima it wouldn't sell as well, they even had one title after MGSV and it didn't do to well from what I remember.

You just pointed out the problem, hence they wouldn't make games like that anymore, too much cost, too little profit.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

Yep, I would say that unless they are morons (which I don't think they are) they chose what would be what should give them the biggest profit.

It's not always that simple, in many cases companies make strange or stupid decisions. Depending on competition and their fallback options that may be their downfall or they shrug it off or offset it with other successes. In gaming we had a lot of these decisions over time. So no, I don't think companies always choose what gives them the biggest profit.

We may see as dumb, or in hindsight it may be dumb, but they make the decision thinking it have the highest profit possible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Mnementh said:

It's not always that simple, in many cases companies make strange or stupid decisions. Depending on competition and their fallback options that may be their downfall or they shrug it off or offset it with other successes. In gaming we had a lot of these decisions over time. So no, I don't think companies always choose what gives them the biggest profit.

We may see as dumb, or in hindsight it may be dumb, but they make the decision thinking it have the highest profit possible.

Aww, managers make decisions all the time not based on highest profit. It is not always about that, image, personal connection, personal preferences and all that can play a role. But I agree on one thing, they probably make decision thinking that it will not majorly hurt the profits.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

Aww, managers make decisions all the time not based on highest profit. It is not always about that, image, personal connection, personal preferences and all that can play a role. But I agree on one thing, they probably make decision thinking that it will not majorly hurt the profits.

If we are talking manager level yes, they may chose what is better for their promotions and bonus =p I was talking senior level board that reports directly to shareholders, there would be less likely to be able to push an option that wouldn't give the best return and they would also be legally liable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Konami should license his ips.
Sony could make a very good Metal gear game or Silent Hill Game
Nintendo could make Castlevania, Suikoden or Gambare Goemon and Bomberman Games
Microsoft could try to make a good 3D Contra game and Bloody Roar (With the killer Instinct team)
The collection or remasters of Konami games (Like Contra or Castlevania collection) are good too. Give me the ps1 Suikoden games , Gambare Goemon or Vandal Hearts.

Around the Network
Loneken said:

Konami should license his ips.
Sony could make a very good Metal gear game or Silent Hill Game
Nintendo could make Castlevania, Suikoden or Gambare Goemon and Bomberman Games
Microsoft could try to make a good 3D Contra game and Bloody Roar (With the killer Instinct team)
The collection or remasters of Konami games (Like Contra or Castlevania collection) are good too. Give me the ps1 Suikoden games , Gambare Goemon or Vandal Hearts.

Or sell them altogether.
Bold: They could bring Hideo Kojima to make them in that way, It would be so awesome if he could restart development of Silent Hills even if it is without Del Toro and Norman Reedus involved.