By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda BOTW Sequel delayed to Spring 2023

Mar1217 said:

Next thing we know, there gonna announce another title for the holiday period anyway so it's not like there will be nothing to replace it

Yeah I'm thinking they could push a 3D Mario for this year. It's around that time. 

Around the Network

Definitely expected, but still disappointing.
Can't wait for all the videos saying 2023 will be Switch's best year yet!

1doesnotsimply

Not surprised, and I do have plenty of games to play until it comes out. Hopefully we get more Link Awakening type Zelda games in between BOTW2 and whatever the next mainline Zelda game is after that.

Dulfite said:

I wish people would stop assuming delays on major games for first party games is entirely, or mostly, or even a little based on that dev team being able to make the game in time. Stop assuming they think the same way third parties do. The primary objective of major, expensive AAA exclusive first party games is to push hardware at the most advantaged time, causing a new chunk of users to join the ecosystem and be that much closer to buying more, cheaper to make, easier-to-profit-from games. Zelda, 3d Mario, Mariokart all come out when Nintendo determines is the smartest time for them to come out. The vagueness of what they needed this extra time for and lack of elaboration only further proves this point. Nintendo doesn't mind lying when it benefits their grand plan at profit making.

Zelda was probably only announced as a 2022 game back in the day because they didn't expect sales to keep going at the rate they have, partially due to competitors not being able to make enough consoles due to supply shortages and buying Switch devices instead. Absolutely no reason to release this holiday when Switch is going to sell out regardless. No one sells out in Spring, however, so perfect timing.

Well, no.

People aren’t just assuming more development is necessary.  Nintendo announced that the devs needed more time to make the game special.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hopefully there's still a showing of the game at E3 :P

Around the Network

I am shocked. Shocked and devastated by this completely unexpected turn of events. 

Expected. Now Elden Ring has secured it's GOTy status at the TGAs

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Shit, now I'll need to buy Pokémonolé instead.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 29 March 2022

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Meh. I mean obviously I want to play it but I don’t really care when it comes.

BOTW2 Switch 2 launch title confirmed lol