By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XS Outsells PS5, Switch Comfortably in 1st - Global Hardware Mar 13-19

Xbox Series sales in America are really nice!
PS5 in Euroe though…

Around the Network

Great week for Xbox

Xbox is going to be a force to be reckoned with this year if they can maintain anything close to these numbers consistently.

Slowly but surely, Playstation 5 is starting to lose it's lead on Xbox. This is definitely not what I anticipated happening this year.

Availability for Xbox Series X improved drastically around here. I even saw consoles on the shelves in a local store today which hasn't happened since the very release of the thing.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Sony only forecasted to ship 2 million PS5s in Q1 2022. Shortages have hit Sony far harder than Microsoft as the Series S is easier to produce. Although, this week saw a big shipment of Series X consoles.

What is the total sold amount you have for this year for PS5? I have a feeling they might actually miss this forecast unless last week had substantial shipments. A lot of people may argue that shipped isn't sold and VGChartz tracks sold, but with the way that PS5 is always sold out every week they are practically synonymous. 

While a lot of it is due to there being less PS5 supply the shift compared to the same week in 2015 is still insane. And I wonder if 200k+ would be the current baseline for the Xbox Series if there was always ample supply.

When was the last time Xbox substantially outsold PS in a week?
The week before a PS4 price cut or remodel? The 7th gen?

curl-6 said:

The launch of the Xbox One X.

jason1637 said:
curl-6 said:

The launch of the Xbox One X.

Ah, how silly of me, that should've been obvious. That's what I get for posting before my morning coffee. XD

At any rate, nice to see both XS and PS5 get a boost. XS even managed to outsell Switch in America, though Nintendo's system still dominates globally.