By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next Switch tech talk

CaptainExplosion said:

I just hope it's twice as powerful as the Switch at minimum.

Twice as powerful for a generation upgrade is absolute crap.

The Wii was sort of a x2 upgrade compared to its previous generation.

Not really the best example of a tech upgrade.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Dulfite said:

Power? Can you be more specific?

Basically, twice as much RAM and graphical power. Would make third party ports and native 60 fps gameplay easier, unless I'm wrong. I'm not that tech savvy.

Twice the graphical power as you put it will make the switch 2 below PS4 specs.

The new consoles are way more powerful. The Switch 2 in my eyes needs to be at least half as powerful with modern advancements in mobile market for it to be worth the purchase.  

There is no rush for the next Nintendo system to come out. Atm resources in general across the world are hard to source so they may as well ride the Switch wave an extra 2 years and by then should have something better to use. I think you will find most people are happy to wait as Switch still have a lot of good games to be played and coming out for it.

Cobretti2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Basically, twice as much RAM and graphical power. Would make third party ports and native 60 fps gameplay easier, unless I'm wrong. I'm not that tech savvy.

The new consoles are way more powerful. The Switch 2 in my eyes needs to be at least half as powerful with modern advancements in mobile market for it to be worth the purchase.  

There is no rush for the next Nintendo system to come out. Atm resources in general across the world are hard to source so they may as well ride the Switch wave an extra 2 years and by then should have something better to use. I think you will find most people are happy to wait as Switch still have a lot of good games to be played and coming out for it.

Half as powerful as the current gen consoles in a mobile form? I guess you'll get the switch2 after the ps6 and xbox alpha prime come out.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Cobretti2 said:

Half as powerful as the current gen consoles in a mobile form? I guess you'll get the switch2 after the ps6 and xbox alpha prime come out.

Nah I reckon 2-3 years time now that NVIDIA owns ARM. They will throw more money at it to make it happen quicker.  The way Sony and Microsoft are pumping out the consoles so slowly (for obvious reasons out of their control) I think they will be around a bit longer than normal

All Nintendo successor portables have had a full generational increase in processing power

GB/GBC - NES tier
GBA - SNES tier
DS - N64/PSX tier
3DS - PS2 tier
Switch - 360+ tier
Switch 2 - stands to reason would be PS4+ tier

1024 CUDA cores as has been hinted at certainly would fit the standard Nintendo portable hardware leap cycle. Basically I'd expect Switch 2/Super Switch to be to the PS4/XB1 what Switch is to the PS3/Wii U/360 ... similar in raw horsepower but with a more modern architecture that can in some cases handle more modern ports (ie: PS3/360 did not get The Witcher III but Switch did, same with Overwatch, DQXI, and other games). DLSS likely being a bit factor in all that too. 

It sounds like the Drake/T239 whatever (listed as "NVM2" in the Nvidia leak ... this is significant because "NVM" is what Nvidia refers to the current Switch as) is already more or less complete too. So that is the chip they're using when ever the opt to release it it would seem like. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 26 March 2022

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
eva01beserk said:

Nah I reckon 2-3 years time now that NVIDIA owns ARM. They will throw more money at it to make it happen quicker.  The way Sony and Microsoft are pumping out the consoles so slowly (for obvious reasons out of their control) I think they will be around a bit longer than normal

Sorry to tell you, but the ARM purchase stopped last month.

https://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-and-softbank-group-announce-termination-of-nvidias-acquisition-of-arm-limited

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3649132/nvidia-drops-plans-to-buy-arm-for-40b.html

https://www.nextplatform.com/2022/02/08/what-nvidia-cant-buy-it-can-still-get-through-an-arm-partnership/

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Soundwave said:

All Nintendo successor portables have had a full generational increase in processing power

GB/GBC - NES tier
GBA - SNES tier
DS - N64/PSX tier
3DS - PS2 tier
Switch - 360+ tier
Switch 2 - stands to reason would be PS4+ tier

1024 CUDA cores as has been hinted at certainly would fit the standard Nintendo portable hardware leap cycle. Basically I'd expect Switch 2/Super Switch to be to the PS4/XB1 what Switch is to the PS3/Wii U/360 ... similar in raw horsepower but with a more modern architecture that can in some cases handle more modern ports (ie: PS3/360 did not get The Witcher III but Switch did, same with Overwatch, DQXI, and other games). DLSS likely being a bit factor in all that too. 

It sounds like the Drake/T239 whatever (listed as "NVM2" in the Nvidia leak ... this is significant because "NVM" is what Nvidia refers to the current Switch as) is already more or less complete too. So that is the chip they're using when ever the opt to release it it would seem like. 

Lmfao can you cry any harder? You're still a special kind of nintendo hater. The ps360 are not on the same level as the wii u and the wii u is not on the same level as the switch. The Switch is a lot more powerful than a ps360, the Switch 2 will be a lot more powerful than a ps4 and you will keep crying.

I just love seeing the pathetic nintendo haters ever trolling about the Switch 2 only matching a ps4 in power. That must be some kind of disease at this point.

❌ BANNED (Flaming): Multiple instances of flaming on a supposed new account

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 March 2022

The switch gpu with a die shrink to 8nm would already match the performance of a ps4 gpu. And here we have trolls saying (not thinking) that a gpu that is 6 years newer, using 8-5nm and who knows what other improvements, will only be as powerful as a ps4 gpu. LMFAO, this forum is a joke.

The switch is not the same level ps3/xbox360 indeed. Look for crisis trilogy, witcher 3, and doom eternal and you see this. 

It's a hater fallacy and needs to stop, for a good debate we need to realize this is not a good metric at all.

Try to shove this it's not acceptable in a good discussion

(Sorry for the other people can make a good debate)